Protest against "200$ cheaper"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipo, Jul 14, 2008.

?

Do you think the iPhone must be simlock- free?

1. Hell , yeah ! for max. 600$

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. I don't care, i go with AT&T and shall pay 1800% and counting..

46 vote(s)
    65.7%
  3. i've got it jailbroken already.

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. ipo macrumors member

Are you "ok" being "forced" to sign up at all ?
    :confused: Let's make a huge number, :apple: !!

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

You are forced to sign up with any subsidized phone. How is this different?

3. ipo thread starter macrumors member

do not need it "subsidized" ., thanks AT&T for the "kind help" ,but i'd rather pay the man! :rolleyes:

4. mkoesel macrumors regular

Which man is that? Even unsubsidized, you are only going to be able to use the phone on AT&T's network anyway. Sure eventually someone will figure out how to unlock it, but not yet. And Apple will eventually sell the phones unsubsidized also, so just sit tight if you are wating for an unlocked iPhone 3G.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the fact that Apple isn't lying and AT&T is charging more, don't buy it.

"But Rogers..."

Rogers has to listen to its customers. AT&T couldn't care less about your minority. There are plenty of people willing to buy the iPhone and current plans.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Doesn't matter to me, I fairly pleased with AT&T service in my area.

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

The OP and poll make no sense "let's make a huge number" ??

9. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

i don't understand why some people seem to think that buying an iPhone is an unalienable right as an American citizen. Try buying any other cell phone -- either you get a deal when you sign up for service, or you pay out the nose to buy without activation. Why is this a new concept for people??

10. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I'm happy with AT&T. I signed up with them back in 2002 and haven't had any problems. I don't mind signing new contracts since I'm not planning to switch any time soon.

11. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Can we add a poll option for "I have no idea what this poll is about?"

Methinks it's time MacRumors changed the number of prior posts required to create a poll

12. velvetme macrumors newbie

for lack of a better euphemism ;

you can't rape the willing
    nor can you "force" an iphone on someone

as for buying without a contract you must be patient like me. I am an employee who (if i want an employee rate, not just a tiny FAN discount) I must wait or bite the bullet and sign up like everyone else.

13. gibbz macrumors 68030

Thank you!

14. mkoesel macrumors regular

Yeah, he's obviously not speaking english as his first language. I believe he means "Let's get a lot of people to convince Apple to sell the phone non-subsidized." His third choice also doesn't make sense, since a jailbroken phone and an unlocked phone are completely different. As for the second choice, I have no idea WTF the 1800% is referring to.

15. ipo thread starter macrumors member

ah whatever

I mistyped 1800%-it's % instead of $ (the hole amount of $ you're gonna spend on iPhone over the entire 2 yr contract)
    And sure i should 've written down the whole sentence , not just "a huge number"...
    whatever, every time i read the posts here , i realize more and more that it's simply useless to do anything as you people do not realize how much money you spend on well hidden "sh*t" everyday .
    The fact that you take such a business model for something completely normal speaks for itself.(I'm talking about majority here, right)

I try to get your logic on this one- so far with no success.

So , good luck and a nice day! :)

16. mkoesel macrumors regular

Well that's wrong for me but I am not going to go into it here.

My iPhone is costing me only $360 more for the two years I will have it than my old RAZR will. And in fact, even for a normal situation it would only be $720.

Actually the reason you have trouble communicating here is because you are pretty well incoherent and nonsensical with your posts. So its you. It really is you.

Not a surprise.

17. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

So this is someone complaining about the fact that it's currently locked to AT&T?

Pay the price or shut the hell up. You can buy it and get out of the contract for less than the cost of the eventual "no committment" option...just pay the ETF. Don't like the cost? Don't buy it. Plain and simple.

18. meagain macrumors 68030

I've been holding off starting threads to not clutter this currently busy board. Now I see useless/ridiculous threads like this started and think to myself "at least my thread ideas have merit".

1 star

19. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Have to agree with that. I try to focus on what people are trying to say, rather than how they're saying it, but in this case it really makes it hard to understand what the OP is getting at. If your writing makes it look like you can't put a simple sentence together, who's going to take your opinion seriously? A lot of people don't seem to think so, but neatness does count.

Anyway, don't like the way a company markets their product? Don't buy it, and if you want to be really effective, let them know (intelligibly) why you're not buying their product. But in this case I don't think your argument has merit. Like others are saying, the iPhone isn't marketed significantly differently than other phones, and is much more phone for the money. When they first came out I paid $200 (notice the "$" goes in front of the amount) for the CDMA RAZR, plus a 2 year contract. No difference, except that it's much less of a phone.

20. MathiasMag macrumors member

>>>His third choice also doesn't make sense, since a jailbroken phone and an unlocked phone are completely different.

An advanced guess would be that a jailbroken phone would still be locked to AT&T. It would have to also be unlocked to let you take it elsewhere.

Where would we be able to get the same service and coverage as AT&T, but at $1,800 less?

21. ipo thread starter macrumors member

splendid

OK ,please could you tell us HOW exactly are we going to get out of the contract AND keep the handset , as it IS deliberately ,purposely explicitly mentioned in the very same contract that you HAVE TO give the phone back , .. and the amount that one has to pay in case , it just happens that she/he doesn't want to give it back AND quits the contract earlier ?
    Because THAT is the REAL price of the iPhone ,not the advertised 200 $ (mkoesel , sandman42please notice the "$" goes somewhere after the amount ;) :D pretty tricky isn't it .it seems now you just can't understand the whole statement ,'cause that just made it pretty well incoherent and nonsensical to both of you , right , - i hope so)
    after all you didn't get the whole point - i'm not bitching about the stupid at&t contracts - i don't like 'em- won't sign 'em . i'm against Apple going the same way...all the way - i thought 1 yr for the "mobile phone business model" was enough ...but time will tell.

22. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Well if it's not att you're complaining about then you still don't make any sense.
    I'm in the UK and I got the phone for £59/$120, and I pay £45 per month/$90.
    This is the same as it was for the 1st gen. It isn't costing me a penny more for the 3G, infact quite the opposite......a lot less (cost of phone). So, do you propose that Apple should have made different arrangements for each country? (You do realize other countries exist right?) Some countries without contract, some with?

I think this thread needs to be locked/wastelanded.....I don't know how many times this sort of thread has to pop.

23. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

The BlackBerry I currently carry is already with AT&T, so for me I'm just be transferring the same service from one device to another. I'm happy to only pay $199 for the 3G iPhone and continue using AT&T.

24. mkoesel macrumors regular

Its still nowhere near $1800.

You're a complete tool. :cool:

25. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

serious question.
    Is english your first language?