Protruding vs Flush

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Sep 25, 2017.

1. nviz22 macrumors 603

nviz22

Do protruding cameras change your purchase preferences when it comes towards iPhones? Or do you prefer a top notch camera even if does protrude? I prefer it to be as flush as possible, like the SE's camera, but I do not mind a little bit bigger of a body if it is slim and makes the camera flush.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It doesn't change my decision, but yet I find it a horrible design choice. I do question why the designers felt that losing a couple of millimeters is worth having the camera protrude like that.

3. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 603

nviz22

Probably because not many people will fret when it comes towards purchasing iPhones. Outside of the 8/8+, Apple hasn't had trouble selling out millions of devices at launch. I would've gotten a protruding camera on the iPhone 8+ or iPhone X if I didn't go Note 8 right now because of T-Mobile's BOGO deal.

4. andyw715 macrumors 65816

Doesn't bother me, I use an Apple leather case so its flush.

5. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Doesn't matter to me. I'm getting the leather folio case anyway.

6. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

At the risk of repeating myself and being reminded that others have heard my opinion on the camera bump yet AGAIN, I will state that I prefer it to be flush.

This particular issue is what prevented me from liking the 6+ I had, the 6s+ I have now and is what stopped me from getting the 7+ and is what is stopping me from getting the 8+ and/or the X.

What I use a phone for is a very minimal type of thing that all modern phones can handle with ease. Consequently, I buy my phones based on aesthetics.

I don't care for Apple's recent design choices.

7. Getoffmeluckycharms macrumors newbie

Getoffmeluckycharms

I don't mind the protruding cameras. I buy them based off of the camera that they have, not just what they look like. I don't think a little bump really matters all that much.

8. Plut macrumors member

I don't like a camera bump. I actually thought when the 6 came out it was gonna be a one and done design compensation. I'm really surprised its still there. That being said I still get a new iPhone every year and then scour the internet for the smallest case possible that makes the bump flush and provides just enough lip in the front to keep the screen from touching while face down.

9. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I’m not running around with an unprotected phone so it doesn’t matter to me

10. Getoffmeluckycharms macrumors newbie

Getoffmeluckycharms

There's too much hardware to make the camera flat. They would have to make either the phone thicker or leave out a badass camera and opt for a camera that's less than up to par.