Proud owner of iDeadPixel (iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DirectriX, Jun 30, 2007.

1. DirectriX macrumors newbie

So I have this big bright red dead pixel right in the middle of my iPhones screen... I am going to exchange it for another one today.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

2. alana22 macrumors regular

While I was fortunate to not have any dead pixles on mine, I have two friends who each bought iPhones and each of theirs has dead pixels (1 and 2, respectively).

It's a Rev A product. The upside is that we are the first in the world to enjoy these lovely products. The downside is that we are essentially lab rats for future revisions which should clean up a lot of the problems we'll undoubtedly discover on the iPhone as the weeks and months pass by.

I'm guessing in 2008 we'll have 64gb or 80gb Rev B models, and the current 8gb model will either be done away with or price will be reduced a few hundred dollars.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hopefully they just replace it. If for some reason they give you static, it's technically most likely a stuck pixel and not a dead one, if it's red. There may be some way of either doing the massage trick or doing what the stuck pixel widgets do, to fix it. The stuck pixel on my iMac resolved.

4. 103734 Guest

Thats not going to happen, flash is way to expensive, there arnt even computer flash hard drives that are that big for less than a few thousand bucks. If anything they might come out with a 16 gig model and get rid of 4 gigs. And I doubt that we will be seeing a new iPhone in the US any sooner then a year and a half.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It's an LCD display. All of them have the potential to arrive with dead/stuck pixels. Nothing to do with "rev. A".

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

7. DirectriX thread starter macrumors newbie

Lovely, anyway they replaced my iPhone but I have been trying to "reactivate" my new iPhone... but they don't have a system for it... I've been forwarded to 4 different departments, I've been on the phone for hours.. It just doesn't work... SIM card from my old iPhone was transfered into the new one...

8. Finchfan87 macrumors newbie

my experience with stuck pixels on iphones.

im on my 3rd iphone and think im gunna stop here. my first one(which i think was the best one i had yet) had 3 stuck pixels on the screen, didn't really bother me, but knowing i can get it replaced for another iphone just couldn't leave my mind. so i went to apple and got my second iphone. this one had alot more stuck pixels and the color was a bit dull compaired to my last phone. so i again, got it replaced, but this time with a refurbished iphone. this one has 2 stuck pixels, and back light bleeding on the top of the screen. its so bad i can see the 5 little pinmarks where its bleeding out of (by the way i ran a pixel fixer program on all 3 phones and the only one that it seemed to fix was my third one) but i still have the back light bleeding on the top of the phone. if i would of known that the chances of getting a phone with stuck pixels was higher then getting a perfect one, i would of stuck with phone 1. so if any of you think you should get your iphone replaced, think twice because the chances of you getting another one with stuck pixles or screen bleedage is definitely within reach

9. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

I've had 2 replaced because of dead pixels. 3rd time was a charm. Exchange it but check it over before you leave the store.