PS3's Home open beta in november Via Qore

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Oct 26, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

i got a email from PSU and in the email it had a lil preview of episode 6 of qore they will have a indepth preview of home and a interview with one of the team people jack baser i think his name is? and as a specail treat they said all episode purchasers and annual subscribers will be geting a invite into Home

now qore usally hits online the first thursday of each month so it will be out Nov 6 and qore costs 2.99 or 24.99 for the full subscribtion

i have the annaul and i cant wait till next thursday for the home preview :)

2. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

I got the annual i think its pretty nice it has decent previews cool stuff to download and if you get the annual Subscription they also throw in Calling all Cars which is a pretty fun game to

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Sony announced today that the Home beta is now only for annual Qore subscribers. So don't buy the single episode of the November Qore.

Oh yeah, and if you buy the annual Qore subscription today—you're still not getting in the beta as the deadline was yesterday, Oct. 29

Home has had such a botched roll out, it's pathetic.

Home was originally supposed to launch October 07. Then it was delayed until Spring 08. Then they pushed it back to Fall 08.

Fall 08: Open beta was scheduled for Summer 08, but they end up scrapping it for a "closed beta" to be chosen randomly by a pool of users who downloaded the Home theme from the PSN Store. That didn't happen. They ended up picking random users from a pool of Qore subscribers. Last week, they announced closed beta invites for anyone who purchases the Qore November issue or has a Qore annual subscription. Now, they've backtracked and limited it to annual Qore subscribers from Oct. 29 and back.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well.....don't forget that it was promised for release in October :p.

Hey, is Nov Qore launching today? It's still Oct.

6. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

Finally got my invite today Home is gonna be great cant say to much due to the NDA but ill say home will live up to the Hype hopefully the open beta comes around within the next two months.

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Wait.. Really?? Where's mine...

8. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

if you downloaded the ps3 theme check your email your psn name is on they sent out it seemed a pretty big wave last night they may do more soon too.

9. Stepper macrumors regular

C'mon spill the beans:p....its not like they're going to track you down or something lol

*Searches youtube in hope of some inside info*

10. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

I've been in the beta for a long while now (several months), and honestly...it's rather boring. Online communities like Home aren't my usual hangout (I'd rather be playing games or reading than). Can't give details about it because of the NDA, but I'll be curious to see how the final version differs from what we've seen in the beta so far.

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Oh, it's obviously boring. Very very boring. But I still want to try it. And Sony has been great at getting these Qore invites out.....

12. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah well i wont say much either with the NDA but they say were just Testing a small part of whats going to be in the final version i heard on the forums more invites went out last night so expect some more invites soon tuesday and fridays usally seem the day they get sent

13. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

And they just totally ignore the Qore invites :p.

14. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

well 1.0 went out to closed beta today its shaping up really nice so check your emails qore subscribers you should be geting more invites they wanna do a big stress test over the next week to get ready for the open beta

15. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

haha... yaaa suuurrrreeeee
    I'll believe that when I see it :p. Anyway, with risk of being.... uhh.... Well, what can Sony do :p. How is it?

16. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

its really good sony did a good job with the update and i really feel that its pretty ready for the open beta they added alot of new animations a few new arcade games with "in home items" im taking a wild guess that im 90 percent sure will see this before christmas

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I never bothered with Qore and I recently got into the HOME beta so I suggest you guys check your emails.

I must say I'm surprised of the amount of betas I got into this year

MGO
    SOCOM
    R2...thanks ed;)
    Killzone 2
    Home

Anybody else in the Home beta?

Bless

18. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I'm in the Home beta.

19. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I'm in Home. It's ****ing lame.

All I want is the Killzone 2 Beta :(

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^LOL...I know right but I'm hoping its just because its a beta...hoping they add more stuff to it because bowling, pool, arcade and dancing won't cut it.

I must admit...dancing with a bunch of strangers on a stage was a blast.

SK just so you know....KZ2 will rock your sock off;)

Bless

21. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I got a beta invite this weekend; went through most of what was there, the very little that was. It's an interesting idea but I don't see myself spending much time with it, I would rather play an actual game. I definitely would not pay any money to have Home.

22. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Tried out the beta yesterday. Pretty much what I expected honestly. Runs fairly well, but it's still just a ho-hum addition.
    My son will have a blast messing around with the character mod options - he can sit and make Mii's for an hour, so this will be a blast for him to do. He'll make one for each of us in the family.:)

Back to LBP...

23. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Still beta-less. Riggz, stop showing off :p. You know we all can't wait to try KZ2.

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

KZ2 beta is pretty damn good. Though TBH I doubt I will buy the game.

Home Beta is very lacking in content, but it shows some huge promise. Its pretty breathtaking to see all they have done visually and maintaining interactivity.