Psp-3000

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Complete with a mic! The home button is now the PS button! And a better screen! But guessing that it was really released to curve the rampant piracy and modding, tee hee.

Personally I'd have liked the eject UMD switch back. Hate having to prise mine open on the 2000 model. But thankfully the so-far announced "new features" don't sound like the leap that the 2000 model was (TV out? huzzah!). Still no word on Europe getting a free memory card like in the US.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/20/sony-officially-announces-psp-3000/
    [​IMG]

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

I'm actually curious as to how much better the new screen is. If it's got better viewing angles, better colors, and most of all, better pixel refresh rate, then I'm sold. I might have to make use of that product replacement plan from Best Buy. :D

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Hmm... I'm fine with my 2000. I still need a mic (I want Skype!) so a built in one would be amazing but I can but one :\. It's still pretty cool. I wonder how much harder it is to mod :D.

@fiercetiger I heard they made the screen better for outdoor viewing. Which, if it really is good, would be sweet.

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Probably very. I mean you needed a PSP-1000 and its battery to mod a PSP-2000. I can only imagine the steps they're taking this time.
    Still! I'm more or less very happy with the 2000 model. If they made it lighter, smaller, the screen was ungodly better and it was moddable I might be tempted.

Could just buy the new screen and install it on my 2000 model :)

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing has changed pertaining to hacking the thing since Sony doesn't have a problem with it.

I'm happy with my first gen PSP and I still don't see a reason to upgrade....well until they confirm custom firmware is doable:p

Bless

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I would have liked to something a bit more exciting but it's a good idea. Keep making it more attractive for those who haven't bought on yet. I'm glad they haven't divided the user base by adding a second analog nub or something.

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well... they do have a problem with it. They just seem to have given up.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

MEH! Slightly better screen.. yeah ok! Worth dropping another 200 yo-yo's on - over my slim psp ? nah...

9. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Twice the color gamut, five times the contrast ratio, and half the pixel response time.

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Ohhhhh, this is SO MUCH LIKE THE CLIÉ!!! :eek:

Sony released a new PDA every 4 minutes back then. If Sony releases a new memory stick standard and intentionally excludes earlier PSPs, then it's over.

Why can't they change their colors every 2 minutes like Nintendo?

<]=)

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

12. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Mmm. Delicious. I'll have to trade mine in then. Just pop into Best Buy and switch em out. Product replacement plans can work wonders sometimes. ;)

13. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

14. nintendude macrumors 6502

amazing, if only they could include a screen like that in the DS (i know its not gonna happen but i wont stop believin)

15. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Dang! The screen is way better! Also it is anti glare so ive read.

16. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Looks like I'm going to buying a new screen :D

Wonder if this new high capacity battery will also fit into the PSP Slim?

17. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Huh? Better battery too???

Agh... I want one.

18. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I bet they do. Hardware sales and software sales don't really match up because PSP has basically become open season for emulators and ISO's of PSP games. BUt honestly, why even bother anymore? It's like Apple with the iPhone, it's hacked 20 minutes after it comes out!

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If that image is indeed accurate then wow! It's too bad I hardly touch my DS now or I'd want one. I saw the release on Engadget, all white and dreamy...but alas, it'd be wasted money between the Wii that has only finally been played for the first time last night in months and the DS that I only play when I can't be bothered to sleep through the night and I can't find the remote. ;)

To the Best buy kid, product replacement has to do with defective products. Not your desire to upgrade to the latest and greatest. I figured since you mentioned it twice I would chime in, since you're bound to mention it repeatedly until someone pays some attention! :D

20. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Hahaha, I'm glad someone caught onto that. ;)

Actually, it works. You just tell them whatever reason (like, has dead pixel or something of that sort) and they'll switch it out. I did it for my PSP-1000, and got the PSP-2000. I just told them sometimes my drive would crap out sometimes, like not load a game, skipping, etc. And they switched it out no questions asked. :D

21. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Nien, higher capacity battery. If its the same size then it'll be usable in the 2000 model.
    Replacement PSP screens are £50 (trade) here, and a new battery is usually £15. £65 for a moddable PSP3000 :D

22. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that new psp looks sharp. now when is it coming out?

i still have the 1st Gen, and am happy with that (even though it has a few scuff marks)

23. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

24. victoriolosos macrumors newbie

Psp3000

Before I decide to buy PSP3000 from buy-now.net : Does anyone know what exactly are the differences between the 2000 and the 3000? Thanks !