Psychological question: How happy are you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kabunaru, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kabunaru Guest

Are you happy or not happy? Explain why also.

I am a happy person but easily can be put down by other people. I can take things seriously when somebody made a humour post. I cannot understand humour sometimes.
    Other than, I am just fine. :)

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. kabunaru thread starter Guest

It is good to think that way.

For those people who are not happy, why are you not happy? What can you do to be happy?

4. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I think a *lot* of people mentally screw with themselves. I once told a girl I was seeing that no one wanted to date someone who had issues. Who the hell wants to deal with that crap. She "got it", decompressed, and basically dumped all her mental crap. She's really a lot more fun now.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm jolly. I'm always jolly. But can you be slightly underweight and jolly? Is it allowed?

And there's a deep undercurrent of happiness, like. Good family, good partner, good friends, good job, good house, good slippers, good food, good gravy. And clean living too...

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The upper and lower bounds of this scale are left as an exercise for the reader...

7. kabunaru thread starter Guest

Of course. Why listen to somebody who tells you to not be happy just because you are under-weight or whatever. It is your life and you have to enjoy it no matter who you are.
    I am afraid I do not understand this.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

How happy are you?

****ing delirious.

What's your point????

[​IMG]

9. kabunaru thread starter Guest

Humour or seriousness?
    I cannot understand.

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

11. kabunaru thread starter Guest

You must be in a bad mood then. I think you should cheer up then. Life is too short to be anything mad about now.

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You're kidding right?:rolleyes:

<song in my head>
    Go right to the source and ask the horse
    He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
    He's always on a steady course.
    Talk to Mr. Ed.
    </song>

"Happy" is a state of mind. I choose to be happy.:p

13. kabunaru thread starter Guest

I do not get the sarcasm in that line.
    *cough* Psychological question *cough*

14. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I would be top-notch happiness-wise if I wasn't so bored. I spent the last three days PTing my ass off (strength, fighting, running, respectively) so I feel great. This weekend's a festival on campus, so lots of fun there...but everyone's busy and I'm sick of being alone and bored, so that leaves everything at a general "meh" level.

15. phas3 macrumors 65816

angry,pissed off, annoyed, hurt..

why, well i thought everything would be good when I came back from iraq it was good for 2 weeks then the girl i was dating before I left for iraq said that she didn't see a chance with the both of us having a relationship anymore.

it is what it is i guess

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If anything, you should be happier. Without getting political, she doesn't deserve you, especially after putting your life on the line for everyone as you have. I don't know what she does or doesn't do, and I know we're only getting half the story (she probably couldn't handle the stress/separation), but anyone who goes out to service like that and comes back to being dropped like that deserves a ****load more respect than that.

So you should be happier that there is someone out there better than her who can give you that respect.

Now personally, I'm marginally happy. As soon as I kick the smeg out of this general contractor doing crappy work on my house, I may be better. But I'm alive, safe, and not really taking much for granted. But there are still some things I long for, that I won't have.

EDIT:

I don't care what anyone says, I always loved that show! Thank you, Nick At Nite/TV Land!

BL.

17. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

meh, I'm just here. I never really feel estatic or depressed, just "good" or "out of it". If anything, I have a lot of self induced stress from either stupid, irrelevant things, or things that I've procrastinated on...I really need to change something soon tho!

18. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Some of the finest works of humankind, in the arts and literature, have been the result of anger, hurt, pain, depression, sadness, and other emotions often labeled as being "negative".

19. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Maybe I should get into painting.

P-Worm

20. angelneo macrumors 68000

Pain, jealousy & anger can create the drive to excel, happiness can lead to complacency. If everyone is theoretically happy at all times, would there still be progression?

21. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

22. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

Growing up I was a fairly miserable person, I was the kid EVERYONE picked on and I only had a couple friends.

When I got out into the real world I turned all that garbage from before into motivation to get ahead in life. For the last ten years I've always felt like I wasn't doing a good enough job at stuff, that just got me to do it even better. Turns out, every job I had I was one of their best workers. I knew the job inside and out and was usually much more productive than the average worker.

These days I am a very happy person. All my hard work is actually showing some results, it feels like I can relax a little more.

23. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Considering a few things, I'm happy short-term alot, but in a long outward view of myself, I'm not.
    Rejection the first three times you try isn't particularly bright looking- by now I'm looking pretty down. But in the long run, it'll make my first success look greater in comparison.
    It fluctuates, but there's so many things and I'm not truly Happy, but I'm happy sometimes. If that makes sense.

24. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm in law school. What the hell do you think? ;)

25. phas3 macrumors 65816

even with me going out to service like that..the things I did for this girl tops all the other things I have ever done for somebody and she said so herself, like "any other girl would fall deeply in love with you with all the things you've done and I don't know why, but I just don't see us in a relationship anymore"

fine and dandy before i leave to iraq and when i come back its all torn up...happens everytime but I still give it hope. Its just hard to get her out of my head you know, maybe i should start my own thread girl help 2? haha but i already know what I ahve to do..somewhat that is.