Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
Beta 3 is FAST!!!!!!!!!!! And Safari is faster too.

Now, let's see if Safari still freezes ...... fingers and toes crossed!

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
Several hours use this morning and still no freeze from Safari. This seems to be the best yet......it is supposed to be.

I have not had an issue of any kind yet.

I wonder, with the public release of iOS8 tomorrow, how much longer we will be on beta with Yosemite.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
yeah safari is crazy fast but I think they enabled hardware acceleration so watch your battery.

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Message field in Mail app appears broken. Anyone else have this issue?

I use Mail with an Exchange account at work and all kinds of stuff has yet to work in any of the Public Betas. If apple wants to be serious Enterprise, they are going to be a first-class exchange client.

itai

macrumors member
May 17, 2011
NYC
Mail sucks as always...I really wish they did not screw up this basic app all the time and leave it alone.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hardware accelerated graphics if very noticeable. It's a lot snappier everywhere I turn. I've have no crashes, freezes, slowdowns or other new malfunctions. I'm even starting get used to the interface now.

RobFog

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
Mail sucks as always...I really wish they did not screw up this basic app all the time and leave it alone.
It’s not basic at all. For one, email as a protocol isn’t too simple in itself. On top of that, Mail has a lot of features we have become accustomed to.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
California
Not sure if I have the Public Beta 3, is this the update? I received an update this morning, though. Got the OS x when it was first released to the beta public.
Anyway, today no freeze! Yes! But I did have 1 crash!

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Not sure if I have the Public Beta 3, is this the update? I received an update this morning, though. Got the OS x when it was first released to the beta public.
Anyway, today no freeze! Yes! But I did have 1 crash!

You will see it in Apple store under "Purchased" OS X Yosemite beta 3

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
The first launch with Safari, it seized up and crashed due to bad access. Second attempt and it's fine. I suppose it seems faster...

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
just through it on a Macbook 2008 and seems really snappy. Makes this old thing seem new again. But... man... this new look is but ugly. It reminds me of win 8.0.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
It looks even nicer than before. I don't know what might have changed, but I think they continued to tweak little things here and there.

As for the people saying it's ugly... I guess it's personal opinion but I think it looks great. Sleek and modern. Hopefully it'll grow on you; I remember iOS 7's look eventually grew on most everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.