Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philtate

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2015
I installed build 15A243d and now Scrivener crashes on launch. Maybe because it's 32 bit? The update no longer appears, either. Maybe they pulled it.

Last edited:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Does this beta allow for the 2015 MacBook to connect to an external monitor at 2560x1440? Beta 2 only allowed for 1080p surprisingly, which Yosemite can even handle 2560x1440.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
This beta is pretty terrible. Don't know what they did but Chrome is slow and I have spinning beachballs galore. Ugh

Actually I think this Beta is really good. Safari is really snappier now. I usually don't use Chrome, but have it, along with Firefox, installed. I just tried it on a couple of sites and it seemed pretty snappy to me.

Reactions: bbfc

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
This beta is pretty terrible. Don't know what they did but Chrome is slow and I have spinning beachballs galore. Ugh
This is the best release to date for performance. I use Chrome and it works fine, but you can't base your opinion of an OS on the performance of 3rd party software.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Weird, VLC is now opening with a different language. Also having sound issues with my bluetooth headphones. They'd pair as normal, but timeout after 5-7min. Additionally, I did a retart and chose not to launch anything upon boot to make sure nothing else is messing things up and when I went into the bluetooth preference to delete and repair the whole computer crashed (2012 rMBP).

B4 is definitely faster and is pretty stable outside the weird VLC language issue and the bluetooth issues. MacID on my iPhone also fails to see my MacBook now (though my MacBook still sees my iPhone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.