Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
I just got a new MacBook Pro, updating from my Powerbook. The light on the latch of my PowerBook always drove me crazy, and I thought there was going to be some kind of fix on the new laptops.

Does anybody have any options? I've looked all over for some firmware option, but I cant find anything.

Thanks

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
I just got a new MacBook Pro, updating from my Powerbook. The light on the latch of my PowerBook always drove me crazy, and I thought there was going to be some kind of fix on the new laptops.

Does anybody have any options? I've looked all over for some firmware option, but I cant find anything.

Thanks
what do you mean? turning off the sleep light?? if yes, i don't think its possible, the only way is ti wake up the laptop :D
or open the machine and cut the wires of course, but i don't think you wanna do that?

breakfastcrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
dude....thats so easy just cover it up with tape or something I did that to mine cause at night it drove me crazy....I hate nightlights.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
If it's sleeping, with the lid open, the sleep light will dim (using ambient light sensor). It'll still pulsate, but the maximum brightness will be much dimmer.

Might not be a total solution for you, but could help.

thewolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
I would do the "throwing a shirt on top of the laptop" thing, and i'm a little nervous to hit my new baby with a hammer, but I'd like to think that apple would give me some way to shut off the light.

Besides doesnt it drain the battery?

4nex

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2006
The battery drain from an LED is pretty much negligible. You could always do something like clear nail varnish over the lamp lens (best done from the inside). Personally I just stand the remote in front of it. It is annoying at night though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.