Purchased my first cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Monkaaay, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Monkaaay macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

WOW!

These displays are simply amazing. I picked up a 23" to use with my MacBook. I can't believe how great these things look. :)

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Congratulations on your new display. Please post a picture of your setup so we all can see

3. BioChron macrumors regular

BioChron

Congrats, and post pics like Reflow suggested. :)

- Daniel

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I was thinking about getting one but don't know if it is worth the money.

5. iMouseHD macrumors regular

I have a 20, I am normally a cheap SOB but I dont regret the purchase one bit.

6. MacBook Jack macrumors newbie

I just got a 23" too - they're amazing!!! Cannae beat reading ur emails at low resolution, then full res for editing photos!

it find it more of a pain to use the macbook screen too - i just don't need it!

i got mine with educational discount, so it was same price to a dell 24".

And u plug ur macbook into it... Your keyboard, printer, mouse, hard disks etc are all ready to go!

Ohhh it is sooooo good... I stayed up all night on tuesday editing photos. Being at work is enough time to rest!

No need to :apple:~ to go thru windows - just move it to the side!

Plus the touch buttons at the side match my 3G iPod. Bonus!

7. Monkaaay thread starter macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

It's definitely worth it. I have two 20" Dells for my work laptop (both in the office and at home) and I'd prefer to sit in front of the 23" cinema any day.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I went back and forth between getting a 2nd 20" or a 30". I ended up buying the 30" last night. The only complaint is the box is heavier than I thought and it sucked walking all the way to my car from the mall carrying it with their poorly designed, skin-cutting, plastic handle!

I was reluctant to spend the cash because it seemed like a lot for a monitor, but now that I sit in front of it, I have no regrets.

9. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

wow, your lucky no one tried to steal it.

10. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Haha you're right about the handles. I was walking through the mall with my iPod Hi-Fi which is no where near the same weight as a 30" and it was hurting my hand.

11. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Congrats on the purchase! Awesome displays, love all of mine, wouldn't think twice about buying more. Yes, it sucks that they're relatively expensive, but for anyone that spends a lot of time staring at an LCD display the ACD's are worth every penny.

12. go.mouse macrumors newbie

The salesperson in the Apple Store (Alderwood Mall, Lynwood, WA) helped me move my 30" Cinema Display to my car!! :D I totally agree with you, I was shocked how big and how heavy the box is. It filled my empty trunk nicely.

13. Monkaaay thread starter macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

Here you go.

Don't mind my Microsoft keyboard, the new Apple keyboard is on order. Oh, and the cables and such will be taken care of when I get my new desk. :D

[​IMG]

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Dude I don't live in the hood and if I were walking in a mall with a 30" acd box I doubt anyone would gank it if I were in the hood. It's simply too heavy.

15. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I felt the same way. When I got my 30" model it made my older monitors look like crap, so I got a second 20" as well. Beautiful monitors.

16. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Once I get a couple of clients for my web design business the money is going towards one of these beasts. Which do you think the 23 or the 30? I think that I'll probably go for the 23

17. Truz21 macrumors member

I need some help here on deciding to purchase a new ACD. I want to get the 30 inch, but I have been holding out since May (when I bought my new Mac Pro) in fear that updates would be coming soon.

Now we have been through 2 mac events and not a word on updated cinema displays.

Would I regret buying a new display now? What do people expect to be in the new cinema displays? More connectivity options? Isights? What do you guys think, is it a bad time to buy?

18. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

wondering the same thing myself, I imagine there must be some update coming soon, Its been a long while since they've last been updated.

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i agree. i sure hope an update comes soon (not that they are bad now, but it's been awhile)

20. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

ya, luckily I don't have the money right now, so I won't make a snap decision and then regret it when new ones come rolling out

21. jaglad macrumors member

I love the apple displays as well, loved my 20" when I bought it and still do, I have now since bought the 30" and was going to sell the 20" but I think they are such nice monitors I would rather keep it, so now use it as second display, bit OTT when you have a 30" as that has more than enough real estate!

I bought the 30" from the Apple store in Regent Street at the beginning of the month and that was a sod carrying it through London and on the under ground, my hand was killing, such big and heavy boxes, it really did attract a lot of attention, just glad I went along with a mate who acted as my body guard!

22. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

No kidding. Even the UPS guy was struggling to carry it. The box is one huge sucker!

23. limegator macrumors newbie

I'm in a similar position as well. I recently ordered a Mac Pro and now I'm concerned whether or not to purchase the ACD. It would be real nice to have a built in iSight, but how long would it take for an update? Hopefully we'll receive one soon because I can't be stuck with a machine w/o a display ;)

24. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

woooooow man that is one awsome screen!!!!

im so glad ur happy with it.

surprisingly i got a bargin on a no-brand screen (my 19') and it has close specs to the ACD (cept resolution).

im thinking getting an ACD, cost soooo much tho!!!

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I thought about it myself. There are three things I can see happening. An HD plug, an iSight, and a complete overhaul of the design to look like the new iMac. I saw the new iMac and I can see the appeal, but the new look doesn't appeal to me. The lack of the HD plug doesn't phase me, and the iSight doesn't bother me.
    The specs as they are in my opinion will last quite a while so I took the plunge. I don't and do not believe I'll regret it if they update in another couple of months.
    The 30" was a great decision. For money saving purposes I thought I would get the 23" since I have a 20" dell, now that I have the 30" I am quite pleased. Upon first edit of some photos I knew it was the right choice.