Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
From what I've read, most say it runs pretty good. (As good as 1.0.1 or slightly better) But as always with any bit of software, there are the few unlucky that doesn't run so good.

Devs will probably see a GM Wednesday. The official public release can't happen until iOS 9 is officially released to the public. And that isn't usually until a couple days before the new iPhones are available. (Roughly a week after the keynote)

Running OS 2 here. It does not run well at all. Replying to a text locks the watch up for around 30 seconds before you are able to do anything. Siri is all messed up with delays etc. It is no where near a GM.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Running OS 2 here. It does not run well at all. Replying to a text locks the watch up for around 30 seconds before you are able to do anything. Siri is all messed up with delays etc. It is no where near a GM.

there are the few unlucky that doesn't run so good.

Hence the above portion of what I said. The same happens for all software.

In iOS 9 (and even 8) there are some who say it's slow, laggy/stutters all the time, crashes, tons of bugs. But like me there are many that it runs really good for. The negative experience of some does not reflect the overall experience of an OS. If it truly was always as bad as people say and it's that way for everyone, I'm sure Apple or any company would fix it. A small percent of cases where it doesn't run so good is usually acceptable by most companies, because those cases aren't the norm.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Running OS 2 here. It does not run well at all.

Running 2.0 beta here for development purposes. Sure 2.0 has lags, but so did 1.0.x occasionally. And I haven't had my Watch crash for weeks, as happened often with earlier betas and a few times with 1.0.0.

The new 2.x Watch apps developers are working on will have tons of new capabilities. Can't wait till they are approved and available from the App store.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I'm sure they've come a long way since the last beta release. It's been a while.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Is September not fall?
But according to Apple's website, iOS 9 is coming this "Fall", so I assume that means Apple's Fall starts Sep 1.
They don't necessarily go by astronomical calendar. September is considered fall. Otherwise, you might as well say the iPhone 6s is being released in the summer rather than the fall like in the past few years.
Yeah, we're talking about a company here. September through November/December is Fall.

Well, it is not coming until real Fall (iOS9 too).:D At least we are getting it (them) early Fall though.;)

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Well, it is not coming until real Fall (iOS9 too).:D At least we are getting it (them) early Fall though.;)

Not so fast. Astronomical fall doesn't begin until September 23rd and we're getting them on September 16th. But that doesn't matter because the whole month of September is considered fall.

Last edited:

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not so fast. Astronomical fall doesn't begin until September 23rd and we're getting them on September 16th. But that doesn't matter because the whole month of September is considered fall.
Sorry, I was WRONG. Was thinking they were announced for the 25, but it is the 16.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
While we might get this information on Wednesday, and guess as to when watchOS 2 will be released? I haven't been using the beta, so I don't know now far along/stable it is. I'm excited to get the new features, so hopefully we won't have to wait TOO long.
The release dates on the 16th of this month. Next week

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
I grew up with the four 21st's as the first day of whatever season... March, June, Sept, Dec with the shortest day of sunlight always on 12/21. And to think it is different. :) Some people actually get a little OCD when Apple says Fall and it comes out before "official" fall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.