Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midgetbro09

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Twinkle doesn't support push yet. In TTR it's supposed to let you know someone invited you but I have no idea what that means.

oh i see what you're saying now. in ttr someone will challenge you then you get an instant push notification ;)
btw i know it works because i got a notification from cormier6038 to respond to a challenge

Cormier6083

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Louisiana
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

midgetbro09 said:

Twinkle doesn't support push yet. In TTR it's supposed to let you know someone invited you but I have no idea what that means.

oh i see what you're saying now. in ttr someone will challenge you then you get an instant push notification ;)
btw i know it works because i got a notification from cormier6038 to respond to a challenge

Challenge me please! :p

Cormier6083

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Louisiana

midgetbro09 said:

Thanks! That was cool lol

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2008
i just don't understand how apple let the app updates go through before the 17th

Probably dont want millions of people updating all at the same time. I've had about 5 of my apps updated this weekend with a "(iPhone 3.0 Tested)" tag.

midgetbro09

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Dallas, TX
Probably dont want millions of people updating all at the same time. I've had about 5 of my apps updated this weekend with a "(iPhone 3.0 Tested)" tag.

i have 3 iphone 3.0 tested app updates. i guess it wouldnt matter if apple did release all of those updates, technically 3.0 isn't out yet

kenbrinkman

macrumors regular
May 20, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
all I did was delete tap tap then reinstall, upon opening for the first time, it asks if you want to enable push, then you say yes, and that's it! The notification setting gets added in your preferences.

iPhone3gPSU

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
So not to be dumb but how do you send a challenge on Tap Tap? I tried to send one from my wife's iPhone and it launches the mail app and just sends me an e-mail?

eh270

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
i have the update as well. i'm glad push is finally up and running. i think they're (Apple) gonna try to get as many as these updates approved before wednesday.

I hope you're right, but i have a feeling Apple is going to stagger the update releases so as to avoid overloading their new Push system and having another MobileMe fiasco.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
I hope you're right, but i have a feeling Apple is going to stagger the update releases so as to avoid overloading their new Push system and having another MobileMe fiasco.

you are probably right... get all the 3.0 app updates out now.. update to 3.0 wednesday and have the million new iphones activated friday!

eh270

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Is the App Store app itself push-supported? Has anyone had any update badges come in without opening the app?

brisweeney

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
anyone got push working for mail? i.e gmail or any other account.

i updated to the 3.0 GM a few days ago and there isnt even an option for turning on notifications in my general settings

eh270

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009

i updated to the 3.0 GM a few days ago and there isnt even an option for turning on notifications in my general settings

Settings preference will appear when you install an app that supports notifications. Email push stuff is unchanged, e.g. no gmail push.

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton

I think that what u need to do is to download an app that supports push notifications and then the settings will appear on the Iphone for Push. Otherwise u won't see the option listed.

So alot of the people in this thread have apparently downloaded Tap Tap Revenge which must be 3.0 ready and thus they have enabled Push notifications.

That seems to be the only App that is ready for Push that people are talking about right now.

brisweeney

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
I think that what u need to do is to download an app that supports push notifications and then the settings will appear on the Iphone for Push. Otherwise u won't see the option listed.

So alot of the people in this thread have apparently downloaded Tap Tap Revenge which must be 3.0 ready and thus they have enabled Push notifications.

That seems to be the only App that is ready for Push that people are talking about right now.

so is there no push for mail happening? other than mobileme? i remember a Dev saying gmail was pushing for him on an earlier seed of 3.0?

WishIWasHere

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
I'm not terribly interested in push notifications at the moment, but 'The Batcave' is a GREAT name for a wifi network.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
So what applications are not working in 3.0 for everyone else? So far it's just Dictionary (Dictionary.com) for me (opens and closes immediately)

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
so is there no push for mail happening? other than mobileme? i remember a Dev saying gmail was pushing for him on an earlier seed of 3.0?

The only way for GMail to push would be if Google enables it. Who knows, they enabled push (through ActiveSync) for Calenders and Contacts, hopefully they'll do it soon for Gmail.

punktilend

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
IM+ seems to have it enabled as well

edit: seems to push a notification to your email when you have an email. if i remember beejive already did that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.