Q. About Toast 7 Titanium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by -Ussu, Jul 31, 2007.

1. -Ussu macrumors newbie

Everytime I insert a cd, it pops up.
    I dont like that, because usually i dont use the program.
    SO i did the main setup thingy again ( where U choose extras, and there is a question of inserting a CD/DVD and if it should open.)
    I un-ticked the insert/open ones, but anyways my toast keeps on opening up everytime i insert a blank one.
    So what to do?

Edit:

And also everytime I quit the program, it throws out the blank CD/DVD. so i insert, it pops-up, i wnat to use smth. else, i quit the prog (toast) and the cd pops out.
    And having the prog open all the time i wanna burn a disk, then i gotta eject the cd AND close toast if a want to burn anotherone. so again the same thing. Like today, i had to make 6 music cd-s with iTunes of my playlists, and everytime the same darn routine.
    Any solves?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I think you're talking about Toast's Preferences, which should modify OS-X System Preferences "CDs & DVDs".

Open OS-X System Preferences "CDs & DVDs". Verify "When you insert a blank CD: " is set to "Ignore". (you probably want to do the same for "...blank DVD: ")

Attached Files:

3. -Ussu thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, big thanks, that solves my problems :)

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I've got another query: if you have Toast open, and you insert a CD, toast will automatically capture it (won't appear in the finder).

I remember I was converting some titles from my DVR burnt onto a DVD-RAM disc into Divx in Toast 8 (the info was already cached on the HDD, so I ejected the disc already). So I decided to save some time by also burning some things as well, HOWEVER, you can't burn anything since Toast will capture the blank disc when you insert it (doesn't appear in Disk Utility, thus not on desktop nor does it ask you 'what to do with the disc') and you can't burn anything since toast is converting the DVD-RAM things into movies.

Anyway making the disc appear on the desktop while Toast is open?

Cheers,
    Sam