Q: iPhone 5, iOS 7. Transfer all from iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Jess13, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hey,

I own iPhone 5, iOS 7. I might get iPhone 5s. I own MacBook Pro, Mavericks.

I have a few apps in my iPhone 5 that I want to transfer to my newer iPhone when I get it. Namely, camera app Luma. It was removed from the app store when bought by Instagram, no longer available. I use it for its recording stabilization feature. Also other things, iMessage convos, etc.

What is the process of copying all data / apps from iPhone 5 to use in iPhone 5s? Simply use iTunes to back up all data? Or is there a specific program required to copy the entire phone?

Thank you.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Back up your iPhone in iTunes or iCloud. Then when you are setting up your iPhone 5S, just sync from that backup.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

IF you downloaded any of those apps with iTunes on your PC the .ipa files should still be there and you should be able to reinstall them still. the path is iTunes/Media/Mobileapplications (doing this by memory so I may have missed it)

4. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Backup up your iphone 5 and remember to backup apps too. I also have couple of apps which are not in apps store anymore and backing it up to my mac preserve them.