Question about autoiphoneunlocker.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chwest, Nov 27, 2008.

1. chwest macrumors newbie

I have an iphone unlocked and jailbroke with 2.01 on it and am looking to upgrade to 2.2 with no knowledge of how to do it without paying someone $20-$30 dollars or purchase a software package to do it easier. Does anyone know if the package offered at autoiphoneunlocker.com is a scam or really good for people who are uneducated at upgrading unlocked iphones?

2. rkaiser5 macrumors newbie

I used them and they were great to help me. Got my iphone unlocked in no time .

3. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

It's not a scam but it's close.

It's incredibly easy to unlock any 2G iPhones, and you don't need to spend a dime to do it.

If you need help, I'm sure folks on this board will help you. If not, PM me and I'll help you -- just don't pay some random schmoe to do it for you.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Any site offering software to unlock/jailbreak and charging for it is a scam. However a site charging in order to provide you with one to one guidance and education about how to do stuff on the iPhone (like how to unlock with Pwnage or QuickPwn or how to do x thing on the iPhone) is not a scam.

If you want to learn more about the iPhone look at my signature and follow the link in it. That's free info.

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Well said.

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

You should go to iclarified.com and search for the tutorials. Unlocking a 2G iPhone is easy as hell. And I don't mean for geeks, for every single person. Use Pwnage Tool or Quickpwn

7. chwest thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use the tutorials and they worked great!

8. mcrews21 macrumors newbie

Dont use AutoiPhoneunlocker!

I tried this application and it was a total disaster. I followed the instructions to the letter and ended up with a brick. It took me 2 hours to get the phone back to the current revision of firmware and ten I got a message stating that the firmware version was not supported. Contacted their tech support and believe me, the unconditional refund is not unconditional. Its difficult to get them to refund the money you paid even though its clear that the unlocking did not work.

I would suggest finding another application to assist with the unlocking procedure.

Good luck!