Question about converting my 2 iPhone lines into a family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vandam500, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I currently have 2 iPhone lines under my account/name. One is mine and the other is my girlfriend's. I have been reading about family plans and what not but haven't found a case with 2 iPhones starting off as single lines then being made into family plans.

My question is this: Can I make this 2 iPhone lines into a family account in order to make the monthly payment cheaper.

I pay 94.59 a month for: 450 minutes, unlimited messaging/data
    My girlfriend pays 88.59 a month for: 450 minutes, 1500 minutes and unlimited data.

The total comes to $184 a month. Will a family plan be cheaper and whatnot?

Some advice would be good :) Thanks in advanced!

Also, we both plan on doing early upgrades to the 3G S. Should we upgrade first then change to family plan or go to family plan and then upgrade.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

AT&T determines what you can do with your service. Check their forums, or pop into a local AT&T store. In person will probably get you farther than a 611 call. OBTW - in the store she is your "wife" or "sister" (and in some areas of the country, both).

3. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Thanks for the quick response:) And she is my wife or sister? You mean I should say she is that to me since its a "family" plan?:p

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Best to call up AT&T and see what they say. Here we can help, but its best to get 1st hand info from the source.

Also, in a Family Plan, the word girlfriend must be word filtered to Wife or Sister. You'd be safer if you say Wife tho:D:D;):p

5. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Haha, ok :) :). I'm going to give them a call and see whats up! It's going to be weird though to say she is my wife since the last name on her line is different from mines:p:p:p I think sister is better, hehe:D

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

My wife kept her maiden name. Geez - it's the 21st century. I personally think sister is both creepy - and weirder if you have different names (unless she's a "step-")

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It won't matter if she's actually family or not.