Question about Lion's Desktop Wallpapers w/ multiple Desktops(Spaces)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DirtySocks85, Jul 22, 2011.

1. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

So I know that you can set a different Desktop Wallpaper for each Desktop (Space), but what I want to do (if possible) is set a different one for each Desktop and then be able to delete a Desktop and then re-add it without the wallpaper changing to the wallpaper of Desktop 1, so Desktop 2 always has the wallpaper for Desktop 2, 3 has the one for 3, so forth and so on, but those desktops don't always have to "exist" per se. I don't really have a regular "workflow", as I use my Mac for many different tasks at many different times, so when I need to add a new Desktop I do so, and when I'm done with it I simply delete it in Mission Control. Thoughts?

2. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

I want to know this too.. I do'nt want to keep my 4 spaces open at all times but I don't want to reopen them and have to reconfigure them to what their wallpapers should be.. anybody?

3. BlackMangoTree macrumors 6502a

I just tried to do as you described and the wallpaper always reverts to Desktop 1's wallpaper.

4. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

i guess the only way is to leave your spaces open.. even if you shut your computer down or restart the spaces stay put.. i suppose i can live with that but hopefully apple patches that down the road.

5. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

The solution is to not add/delete any spaces ever. Create the amount of spaces you need, and don't change it ever again. I have 6 desktops, which should be enough for everything, and to avoid new desktops being created, I stopped using full screen apps and it works like a charm!

6. cuestakid macrumors 68000

Changing wallpapers across all spaces

anyone kno how to change the wallpaper across all spaces-I tried changing it in one but it didnt change in the others-I would have to have to change it for each space each time I want to change it.

Thanks

7. Toujour, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011

Toujour macrumors newbie

Try this. Delete the extra desktops. Shut down the Mac, restart and add a desktop or two and then change each individual background. It worked for me in Lion; I tried a restart and each desktop kept its designated wallpaper/ background.