question about repairing iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vin365, May 11, 2009.

1. Vin365 macrumors regular

Today my friend gave me his old half broken iphone. The bottom of it has dead spots. If I were to go to the Apple Store and pay $199 would they repair it even though he went in 2 weeks ago to get a new one. Seee... he went to apple with the iphone i have now(the one he gave to me) and got a replacement by paying the fee but they gave it to him back. So would I be able to get a replacement?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you pay the fee, I see no reason why not. But its going to be the same phone repaired, unless they deem it too costly for them and you, then, its much easier to just give you a refurb and charge you $199.

Quick question, are you AT&T costumer?

3. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Something doesn't add up

why would your friend pay for a brand new iphone when he could have just gotten his old one repaired/replaced for $199 ?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G3

Mlrollin91

Because two weeks ago ATT and Apple didnt offer the 199 replacement. Its only about a week old.

5. Vin365 thread starter macrumors regular

he got a new one cause he was eligible for the 3 upgrade so he took it and let him keep the 2g one to.

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

oh thanks for clarifying

umm I don't think apple will let you trade in a 2g for a 3G iphone for 199, at least not without making you sign a 2 year contract

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Your problem's the screen isn't it? Unfortunately I think the screen's a nightmare to fix on the 2G but maybe someone here can help you out.