Question about selling unlocked phone/restoring to stock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jul 6, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I have an iPhone 3gs i want to sell that has 3.1.3 on it with jailbreak a la Spirit and unlock a la blacksn0w. I have apps and personal data on there, and did the SHSH blob backup of 3.1.3 to Cydia right before 4.0 came out. Is there any easier way to restore it to stock than put 3.1.3 on there again (I fear it will not be accepted or some error even though I have the "blob backup" -- a noobie in that department and just followed instructions from a dev's twitter). Is there an easier way to restore the phone to clean, re-JB and re-unlock? Maybe like manually wipe all contacts, photos, and apps (that should take care of my personal data, right)? Thanks guys much appreciated.

Also, only going to sell my 3GS if iPhone 4 is not unlocked before the end of the summer. I'm going to Europe in the Fall and if this isnt the case, I'll just be bringing 3GS with me .

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you just gotta edit your hosts file to point to cydias server for the verification process.
    Then just select the official 3.1.3 ipsw to restore it to.
    Then use spirit to JB and ultrasnow to unlock.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You gotta use Saurik's servers to do that. It ain't hard. After that Restore process, just hit Spirit!

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I can't just wipe all the settings from the preferences menu then sell it?

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

I enter that in the /etc/hosts folder right? Then I can restore using 3.1.3 on iTunes 9.2?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What settings from the preferences menu?
    If you do the erase all data and settings you will be stuck having to restore cause it wont load up again.
    If you edit your hosts file correct and you do have shshs saved for 3.1.3 then you can restore to that and then JB and unlock again.

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Can I restore a phone that no longer has active service on it even with the SHSH blob? I've moved onto iPhone 4. Only keeping the 3GS because it's unlocked and going abroad in the Fall. If iphone 4 is unlocked soon, which it sounds like, I'll sell the 3GS and want to prep it.