Question about streaming games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by shinderhizzle84, May 2, 2011.

1. shinderhizzle84 macrumors member

Hey all!

So I'm trying to stream Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on my brand new shiny Macbook Pro, but I'm running into some difficulty.

I've got the video up and running. I'm using Crossover to play the game on my mac and I'm streaming my desktop with Livestream's Procaster. Now here's my issue:

I can't record the in-game sound. I read somewhere that I should use Soundflower, but even though Livestream's Procaster says it's recording audio from Soundflower, no audio is actually coming out.

I'm wondering if it's a setting or something from Soundflower that I have to change, but I have no idea how to get my soundflower to capture audio so I can use it on my stream.

Does anyone know anything about being able to capture my system's "stereo mix"? Is there another (hopefully better) program out there to capture sound off of my system? Thank you so much!

2. shinderhizzle84 thread starter macrumors member

Also if anybody knows of any better way to stream games on a mac than the setup that I'm currently using, any knowledge, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

3. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I stream movies all the time, but I am knowledge-less when it comes to streaming games. I went to Livestream and found a gaming section that looks like it allows you to observes someone's WoW session. Are you describing something like Onlive? Is this played in a browser or are you just watching? Just curious. :)