Question About the Atomic Diamondback

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., May 15, 2011.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

So, I'll be reviewing this in a week or so and I had a few questions. Is this an all aluminum case or is it a mix of two like the original hybrid? Also, has anyone here beta tested the case that I could get some hands on about it?

2. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

I really want to see pics of this case nobody has it yet ?

3. scelzifan macrumors 6502

I have some pics of the case and the packaging and they both look very nice. I was supposed to have one to review also but I am not sure what the delay is now. It was the anodizing and now I am not sure. It was going to be available in two versions but I don't know if that is still the case of not. One was all hybrid style and the other had an aluminum back and that was the more expensive one. I have not heard anything in the last few days about its progress.

4. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

5. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

6. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Sorry guys, I am not going to do it until I get the ok and he tells me its ready to go and its ready for everyone to see. I was sent the pics in a personal conversation and I don't want to leak the unfinished product. The case does look nice and the packaging is looking great too. I would think its as nice or possibly nicer than the Pro's case. I will see if he cares if I post them or if he wants me to wait until I get a finished piece.

7. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

8. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Its not officially released yet. They are finishing everything up right now.

9. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

10. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Well I asked the guys at Atomic and they said no on the pics so sorry guys. I did get to see some more pics of the finished case and its a piece of art for sure. I think I will have it this week for everyone to see. They do not want any pictures leaked out until the product is ready to go and the entire package is done so you can get the whole picture of what you will be getting when you place your order. The case I seen today was silver so I have seen silver and red and they are both very good looking. Hopefully I will have the real thing to show you by the end of the week.

11. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yeah, its amazing. Can't wait to review it!!!!!

12. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

13. tonymac3955, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011

tonymac3955 macrumors newbie

Atomic Diamondback Silver Satin Case for iPhone 4

Hey guys:
    I placed my order for the Silver Satin Atomic Diamondback case on April 30th. It was supposed to be shipped to me on Friday, May 13th. Nothing. I contacted the sales department today and was told it would ship sometime this week. I was told additionally that each case is customized and anodized and that the company is at the mercy of the anodizers as to when the finished product could be shipped, Very disappointed that it didn't ship when it said it would but things happen. I get it. That being said, I will expect this case to go above and beyond my expectations, given the delay. I've been told the case is not strict aluminum but a hybrid that will, among other things, address the reception issues that traditionally and inevitably crop up with purely aluminum cases. In other words, this case claims not to interfere with the signal or GPS. I should know, I've experienced it before and was bitterly disappointed. And so I am waiting with eager anticipation after having been assured by Ashley in the sales department of Atomic that I will definitely get my case this week. I can hardly await to review it for my tens of thousands of twitter followers as well as my many more TV viewers looking forward to me keeping them up on the latest greatest, coolest stuff. I will certainly not make a big deal about the hefty $209 I paid with shipping if the case lives up to everything it's being hyped up to be. Can't wait! It'll be great to compare my review of the case with others. Take care.

14. gcarlucci macrumors member

Im sorry what were you bitterly disappointed with? A Hybrid that affected GPS and signal?

15. scelzifan macrumors 6502

I am looking forward to seeing this case also. I have been told that it SHOULD be this week also.

16. gcarlucci macrumors member

What color did you get?

17. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Silver

18. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Anybody seen one yet? Think I've run my course with atomic and am not getting updates anymore :(

19. JASApplications macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

20. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Oh, the real pictures are way better!! You can see the detail in the real pictures and it sounds like they will be showing up next week.

21. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

22. tonymac3955 macrumors newbie

Atomic Diamondback Silver Satin Case for iPhone 4

Hey guys, I ordered one of these three weeks ago and was told that it would be sent to me last Friday, May 13th. Nothing! So I sent two emails to Atomic before I got a reply from customer service telling me that the company was at the mercy of the anodizers and that my case would be sent out by the end of this week. And again, NOTHING! And not a peep from the company at this point about this latest delay. With shipping and handling, I paid $209 for this case and was hoping I'd have it by now to see how well it worked and review it for others who might be interested in purchasing it. The company adamantly claims the case WILL NOT interfere with the phone's signal, but I can't confirm this until I actually get it. I'm pretty certain my case won't be shipped this week either as promised. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder just how long it will take to get it? If and when it finally does arrive, I will post a review of the case here and let you know whether I think it is worth the expense and/or the wait!

23. tonymac3955 macrumors newbie

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I've purchased an "all aluminum" case before from another company which all but killed my iPhone 4 signal, so that was the source of my disappointment. I've been told this case is a hybrid and has been manufactured in such a way so as NOT to interfere with the signal. We shall see.

24. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

In some photos I like this case, while in others it looks HUGE. Looking forward to real world reviews.