Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavlik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
Hello, Im thinking about buying a Homepod, but since it is not even on the market in my country I have to go to Germany. I would like to know first.

1) How do you control volume? I have some iOS devices, Mac and Apple TV.
2) I know that I can hook my Windows 10 gaming PC via airplay if I'll install software on my PC. But how I can change volume on it?
3) My girlfriend have an iPad with iOS 9, can she use Homepod too and can she use it even since she has got a different apple id than I have?

DJosche

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2017
Not sure why nobody responded to this:
1) You can tap the + or - on the top of the device to adjust volume settings, or if on iOS and Airplaying to it you can just use the side buttons of the iPhone/iPad or increase/decrease buttons on Macbook. Alternatively, you can ask Siri to increase or decrease volume (it's pretty cool because you can be vague and say "Increase volume a little" or specific and say "Increase volume 15%")
2) This might be something not possible through your PC. However, you always have the buttons on the top of the device and Siri.
3) Yes, you can go into the HomeKit app and select "Anyone" for speaker or "Anyone on Wifi" to allow her or anyone else to stream to your HomePod (alternatively you can require a password if you set it to Anyone so random people can't take over your homepod.)

Hope this helps! I love mine and think you will too.

Reactions: pavlik
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.