Question for people who have been posting shipping info for iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swandy, Sep 12, 2016.

1. swandy macrumors regular

I have a question for the people who have been posting information with regards to your UPS shipments for the iPhone 7/7+ preorders.
    I placed mine at about 3:03AM EST on Friday for a 9/16 delivery. Got the confirmation a few minutes later and the order went to Preparing for Shipment early Friday afternoon. Nothing has changed since then. No shipping. Nothing on Fedex or UPS. Nothing on my Support Profile. (Though I did get a temporary authorization from Apple for the $77 tax.)
    Just got off the phone with a support person from Apple as I was concerned with the lack of progress. According to her - NO IPHONES with delivery dates of 9/16 have shipped. They were previously brought into the US and will not start shipping until sometime Wednesday or Thursday. When I mentioned all the posts here with UPS information, her answer was that those were probably for delivery AFTER the 9/16 date.
    So....my question is does she know what she is talking about or full of it???
    Thanks (and good luck with your deliveries), Steve

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If your order confirmation says you'll get your phone on 9/16, you'll get your phone on 9/16.

End thread.

3. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

Why "end thread"???

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

No phones have been shipped. Believe it. That won't happen until Wednesday or Thursday. Some people have their tracking numbers by searching the UPS/FedEx site and using reference numbers to find if a tracking number has been assigned. Nothing has been shipped! Patience is a virtue.

5. noobinator macrumors 601

The people who's phones have "shipped" are coming from China. They found the tracking by tracking by reference. In Apples eyes, they haven't shipped yet. They don't alert us until Wednesday (2 day shipping for me). So technically they haven't shipped yet.

6. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Exactly. I've not seen anyone with an actual "shipped" status from Apple. However, they certainly have shipped since they're showing up in UPS MyChoice with my name and address on them. It likely won't show "shipped" by Apple until after it clears customs in Alaska and possibly not until it hits the hub in Louisville.

7. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Please don't call Apple Order Support with useless questions. Some of us have real need to talk to them, for example to cancel an order, and can't get through because people like you are wasting their time.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If you got an email saying you'll get your phone Friday then you'll get it Friday.

9. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

EXCUSE ME???? I paid the same money that you did for your iPhone, got up at 3AM to place the pre-order and was concerned why there has been no change in my status since Friday afternoon, no charge to my credit card, while I have seen supposedly a lot of activity from people in this forum who placed orders later than I did and seem to have seen activity that I have not. So don't give me some **** about getting on the Apple Support line.

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I get that you're excited about getting your phone on the launch day but this is really not a legitimate reason to call the Support line. If your delivery date is still the 16th I'd say that barring some unforeseen problem that is likely beyond your control it will be delivered on the 16th.

If it has been delayed for some reason, I doubt that there's anything that can be done about it. I don't believe that the delivery date is a guarantee, and it's not likely that anyone you speak to will be able to do anything to make your phone arrive faster. Your's is just one among millions that are going out all over North America.

11. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Threads like this make me laugh.

Stop obsessing over your order. It'll come when it comes.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I should add that I ordered an iPad Mini 4 from Apple when it launched last year. I was concerned about how long it was sitting in China apparently doing nothing, but when it moved, it moved! It was delivered exactly when they said it would be when I made the order.

13. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

My Apple Watch was delivered on 4/24 (launch day). My card didn't get charged until the night of 4/23 and the status said "We've received your order." It went from that to preparing for shipment to shipped within a span of 3-4 hours that night. You're good.

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

You must not have ordered. That or you just don't get into the iPhone holiday spirit like the rest of us.

15. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

Go take it easy guy, take a deep breath.

16. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Replies like yours make ME laugh. We will enjoy talking about our orders until the phone comes.

17. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

I was annoyed at the tone of the response from Solarguy17. I realize that this is just a phone and have been through this with Apple for more years and products than I care to admit. I understand people's excitement about getting a new product but I would never take it upon myself to tell someone that they were wasting time - or a place in the Apple phone queue - with a question that I did not feel was "important".

18. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Nice try to pass yourself off...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    Nothing wrong with being excited...just no need to obsess over if the phone will come as promised.

19. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

It's a busy time for Apple support line, and for carriers too. You'll probably be waiting for hours if you call. If you can do it online, that would be best since it's quicker without waiting on hold.

I have mine confirmed for 9/16, no tracking yet but I'm not worrying about it. It hasn't shipped yet, but it's going 2nd day anyway, so they'll probably start issuing track number on Wednesday. It'll get here.

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, that person knew what she was talking about.

No, you don't have anything to worry about.

Yes, it's completely normal.

21. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

My point was simply that at this point there's not even anything wrong for Support to help you with. Apple and their shipping partners are no doubt doing everything they can to meet their delivery estimates (and that's what they are, estimates). They know what they're doing, and in nearly all cases they will probably be successful in meeting those dates.

Even if your phone is behind schedule, which it probably isn't, the person on the other end of that phone can't reach out and give it a nudge on its way. We've all been there, waiting for a package to arrive. There's nothing to do but wait. Chances are you have your phone on Friday and feel silly for having worried.

22. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If you've been through this that many times then surely you'd know that Apple never moves the status to 'shipped' this early despite if we can track it via reference from China.

23. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

Not exactly. The thread I'm following in and participating in is people with 9/16 delivery dates who found the tracking info by reference number. I haven't seen anyone with a post-launch-day delivery date mention any movement with regard to shipping/delivery.

24. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

It's comical. We go through this "shipping" thing every year. The conspiracy theories with Apple and UPS!

25. rawlus macrumors 6502