Question - Getting iPhone 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolio93, Jul 27, 2016.

1. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I plan on buying an iPhone 6S plus this weekend since I need a new phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 due to my current phone not working. I really would like to get the 6S Plus but I've heard it stutters and drops frames compared to the regular 6S. if that is really the case then I might just stick with getting the 4.7 inch 6S especially since iOS 10 is coming out and will likely make these phones a little slower than they are right now.

So from your experience, is it true that the 6S Plus is not as smooth as the regular 6S?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Where did you hear that about the 6s Plus?

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

While you've heard about it stuttering and dropping frame rate. I currently have zero issues with this on my 6S Plus and I think Apple has solved this. I'm currently on 9.3.3.

4. coolio93 thread starter macrumors 6502

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/6s-plus-pauses-freezes-lag-serious-issue.1921141/
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---

Thank you!

Hoping to hear back from more users....particularly people that have both the 6S and the 6s plus so they can compare

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Smart choice, you'll have an excellent proven model.

I and many of my Apple enthusiast friends have learned from experience that upcoming new models (not the "S series") are often bug laden, frustration filled and to be avoided till Apple sorts them out.

I'm celebrating the money I'll save by avoiding iPhone 7

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like not much activity there for some time now, with quite a bit of it mostly being related to iOS 9 complaints from various people (a good amount of that kind of discussion in the iOS 9 forum from the earlier iOS 9 days) than anything really specific to 6s Plus.

7. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

That is not true (atleast in my case) i have iPhone 6s plus from launch date and till date no issues (hardware or software) Go ahead and buy iPhone 6s plus

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

9. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I had both the 6 plus and now the 6S plus. The first one was a dog with lots of issues. The current one has been totally great and works like it should.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've experienced some stutter here and there but it was nothing like the 6 plus, which was a dozens of times a day occurrence if I had he patience to use the phone that much. I've used a standard 6s much less (wife and mother have them) but I've never seen that issue. I that sense the 6s is a better experience, but I'd say I only get stutter once a day, if that.

Best iPhone I've ever had and it's looking like it may end up being my first to last me two years or longer.

11. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

The 6s plus performs flawlessly in every way for me.

12. coolio93 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll be getting a 64Gb 6S plus tomorrow :D. I'm really excited and will be using the iPhone upgrade program to pay it off!

I've already gone ahead and bought this case from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NICZXYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HIDMxbEW398H9

I'm stuck between he space grey and the silver but I think I'll be spontaneous about that decision once I'm at the Apple Store :)

13. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I've never experienced any lag or stuttering on my 6s+. And it's pretty much my only "computer" now, so I'm not a light user.

14. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

You do know your theory doesn't work this time due to the fact that the new model this year is going to look the same as the current 6s line. So next years iphone will be the "New model".

15. Jd3774life macrumors regular

Jd3774life

I have an iPhone 6S Plus and have never had that problem with mine. Loving my plus every single day :)

16. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

Lol that is exactly what I was thinking. While I have never experienced the 'bugs and glitches' that people claim on the non-S releases, you sum up perfectly the way things are setting up for the next two releases.

17. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Still frame rate drop and the flickering dock in landscape mode Apple didn't fix it

18. BeforeTheMeds macrumors 6502

BeforeTheMeds

I have a 6s plus, love it. NO problems whatsoever. May wind up keeping it several years unless the 2017 phone is a show stopper.

19. coolio93 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got my new iPhone a few hours ago and I'm more than happy. I ended up getting the silver one in 64GB. Thanks everyone for your input.

20. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk