Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Hey guys,

I plan on buying an iPhone 6S plus this weekend since I need a new phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 due to my current phone not working. I really would like to get the 6S Plus but I've heard it stutters and drops frames compared to the regular 6S. if that is really the case then I might just stick with getting the 4.7 inch 6S especially since iOS 10 is coming out and will likely make these phones a little slower than they are right now.

So from your experience, is it true that the 6S Plus is not as smooth as the regular 6S?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys,

I plan on buying an iPhone 6S plus this weekend since I need a new phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 due to my current phone not working. I really would like to get the 6S Plus but I've heard it stutters and drops frames compared to the regular 6S. if that is really the case then I might just stick with getting the 4.7 inch 6S especially since iOS 10 is coming out and will likely make these phones a little slower than they are right now.

So from your experience, is it true that the 6S Plus is not as smooth as the regular 6S?

While you've heard about it stuttering and dropping frame rate. I currently have zero issues with this on my 6S Plus and I think Apple has solved this. I'm currently on 9.3.3.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Where did you hear that about the 6s Plus?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/6s-plus-pauses-freezes-lag-serious-issue.1921141/
[doublepost=1469676193][/doublepost]
While you've heard about it stuttering and dropping frame rate. I currently have zero issues with this on my 6S Plus and I think Apple has solved this. I'm currently on 9.3.3.

Thank you!

Hoping to hear back from more users....particularly people that have both the 6S and the 6s plus so they can compare

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Hey guys,

Smart choice, you'll have an excellent proven model.

I and many of my Apple enthusiast friends have learned from experience that upcoming new models (not the "S series") are often bug laden, frustration filled and to be avoided till Apple sorts them out.

I'm celebrating the money I'll save by avoiding iPhone 7

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/6s-plus-pauses-freezes-lag-serious-issue.1921141/
[doublepost=1469676193][/doublepost]

Thank you!

Hoping to hear back from more users....particularly people that have both the 6S and the 6s plus so they can compare
Seems like not much activity there for some time now, with quite a bit of it mostly being related to iOS 9 complaints from various people (a good amount of that kind of discussion in the iOS 9 forum from the earlier iOS 9 days) than anything really specific to 6s Plus.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Hey guys,

That is not true (atleast in my case) i have iPhone 6s plus from launch date and till date no issues (hardware or software) Go ahead and buy iPhone 6s plus

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I've experienced some stutter here and there but it was nothing like the 6 plus, which was a dozens of times a day occurrence if I had he patience to use the phone that much. I've used a standard 6s much less (wife and mother have them) but I've never seen that issue. I that sense the 6s is a better experience, but I'd say I only get stutter once a day, if that.

Best iPhone I've ever had and it's looking like it may end up being my first to last me two years or longer.

BLUEBLASTER

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2016
Smart choice, you'll have an excellent proven model.

I and many of my Apple enthusiast friends have learned from experience that upcoming new models (not the "S series") are often bug laden, frustration filled and to be avoided till Apple sorts them out.

I'm celebrating the money I'll save by avoiding iPhone 7

You do know your theory doesn't work this time due to the fact that the new model this year is going to look the same as the current 6s line. So next years iphone will be the "New model".

Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
You do know your theory doesn't work this time due to the fact that the new model this year is going to look the same as the current 6s line. So next years iphone will be the "New model".

Lol that is exactly what I was thinking. While I have never experienced the 'bugs and glitches' that people claim on the non-S releases, you sum up perfectly the way things are setting up for the next two releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.