Question on $25 donation to MacRumors

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Choctaw, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Choctaw macrumors 6502

Choctaw

I have this day made a donation to the forum. After doing so I have notice a part of signing up process that states, "Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed."

I am fine with helping this forum for now........just wondering how, if in future times I choose not to have my yearly donation automatically renew, where do I change that?

Some of the info on the forum is very helpful to me. Fact is it's sometimes better than going to Apple and asking them. Glad to be a part.
    Choctaw

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's odd. I was under the impression that it was not an auto-renew. I'll bring this up to one of the admins for a clarification.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Honestly, it's been really long time since I looked at this.

But it looks like that's just generic legend for the subscription page. There is no "*" next to it, so it's not recurring. If we had a recurring one, there would be a "*" next to it.

arn

Attached Files:

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I see you can only donate for one year at a time. Any chance you would consider say maybe 2 or 3 years at a time? Or possibly a higher donation amount with even more benefits? Be it small ones. Thanks.

5. LaidBack macrumors member

LaidBack

The payment process directed me through paypal. Paypal did not setup a subscription to macrumors. It was just a one time payment.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I can confirm that it's not an automatic debit....I have to set reminders...:D

7. SandboxGeneral, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

The forum also sends automated reminder emails before it expires.

Attached Files:

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I usually do it a week beforehand...something always comes up and I get distracted!:) I'll remember that for next year!