Question on FedEx Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Link2999, May 30, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Just yesterday my MBP traveled from China, to Alaska, to New Jersey. I'm having the package delivered to Connecticut. The estimated delivery date was supposed to be on Thursday, but this package really seems to be speedy so far. Now that it's Sunday, will the package be put on hault until Monday (or Tuesday because Monday is supposedly a Holiday?), does it depend on which FedEx branch is delivering the package, will they pass off the package if they don't deliver on Sundays or Mondays? Sorry, but I'm getting kind of anxious and I know that I'll be home tomorrow in case it arrives by then, otherwise I may have to spend an hour round-trip to go up to the closest FedEx shipping place.

2. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

I'm wondering the exact same thing... it says Estimated Delivery of Thursday June 3rd but I find it hard to believe it will take that long to deliver it considering it is already sitting in the final warehouse of the city to which its being delivered (Philadelphia).

[​IMG]

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Maybe they are busy and thus can't deliver it sooner. Give them a call

4. xxwaznxx macrumors newbie

Exactly the same situation here.
    I live in Southern California and since yesterday my package has "departed" Memphis.
    I'm wondering if it truly will come by June 3rd or if they'll be able to haul it over her extra quick.

For the people who have bought and received your Macbook Pro on the apple online store, have your mbps been coming on the expected delivery date?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If this is so popular and everyone is having June 3rd as delivery date, maybe there is some kinda strike or something? Or is there something happening so FedEx is not delivering (holiday etc)?

6. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Yes, Memorial Day is tomorrow and FedEx doesn't deliver tomorrow or Tuesday for Home Delivery service unfortunately. Wednesday looks like the day it will come.

7. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Plus I'm guessing that June 3rd is the date that everyone got when they ordered their MBPs on the 25th (1st day of BTS Promo).

8. ot.kevin macrumors newbie

Mine comes in June 3rd, too

I ordered my MBP 15" wiht anti glare at 6am (EST) in the first day of BTS promotion.
    Currently, my mbp has arrived at Memphis and not left for the next destination yet...
    Is it true that Fedex does not deliver this Tuesday? Why? It is not even a holiday!!!!!!

9. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

That's exactly when I ordered my MBP 15'' with HiRes AG...mine was in Memphis yesterday so it should be on its way to your local airport or already arrived and FedEx just sucks at updating the tracking pages.

As for them not delivering on Tuesday, http://fedex.com/us/services/holidayschedule.html

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Then it's not a surprise ;) Apple uses the cheapest delivery so don't expect it to be delivered on holiday

11. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure the FedEx Home Delivery Branch isn't the only one that delivers to the actual house. I had two deliveries in one day the other day, I missed the first by 15minutes. When I asked the second guy if there was a call or something he could make, he said that the first delivery was from a diff. branch (FedEx Express) and he was from FedEx home delivery. So I had to go up to the FedEx express place and they said that they get international packages when another branch may get national. Plus my package moved last night, which was unexpected because it was Sunday. From New Jersey to a destination sorting facility in Connecticut (state I'm in).

12. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Well perhaps there is hope for tomorrow then, seeing as Express and Ground will be delivering then. Won't get my hopes up though.

13. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Actually I just checked and you may be on to something... my printer and iPod both shipped using FedEx Home Delivery, but my MBP shipped using FedEx International Economy Distribution. I just need to find out what branch of FedEx IED is offered from.

14. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Yay! Just did a little research and FedEx International Economy Distribution is a service of FedEx Express. FedEx Express will be delivering tomorrow, so its looking like our MBPS will arrive tomorrow :)

15. Excluse macrumors member

Sweet.

My MBP ordered on the 25th is actually only a couple towns over. I'd pick it up today but I don't know if the branches are open.
    It says it's at the sort facility anyway, not the branch.
    At least there's hope for tomorrow. :apple:

16. schaabie macrumors member

I have a question. What the heck does this mean?

I am shipping my MBP to my office and apparently we have designated broker and pay a flat fee but I dont believe that should matter as this is a personal item and all taxes have been payed on it.

17. dcoux09 macrumors member

Wow. Well, I think our packages our on the same plane/truck. I am too getting it delivered to CT and same deal... China, Alaska, Newark - NJ (hopefully nobody holds the FedEx driver at knife point there...) I too have the June 3 delivery date, but right now it's in East Granby, CT. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting them tomorrow, which is great. I also got the iPod and printer for the BTS promo, and my printer was delivered from East Granby to my house the same day, so good news there. I would expect them to be early, I think FedEx pushes back the date so they have a little wiggle room. I've read that many people overseas received their iPad a day early (even before it went on sale), so I expect that we'll all get them soon. Enjoy!

18. sepo01 macrumors newbie

Apple & Fed-Ex

So just to comment, I live in Anchorage, AK, and have ordered from Apple more than once.

One a real good day we get the shipments from China in one day. On other days they arrive in Ak, get shipped to Memphis and shipped back to AK. Although that can happen in an additional day too

So I'm happy when I get my shipment real early from Apple.

Dave

19. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

20. Excluse macrumors member

Out for delivery as well, except nobody's home to sign for it :(
    Hopefully the neighbor's around to sign.
    Worst-case I'll just pick it up when I get home.

21. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Got mine today! BUT it has a dead pixel (F***) Now I'm gonna have to wait for a new one...

22. dcoux09 macrumors member

that SUCKS!! I blame it on the state of New Jersey.

23. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Mine appears to be without dead pixels and wow, this thing is so awesome! I'm really glad I got the HR Antiglare, it's beautiful and I know the glossy would have annoyed the hell out of me after a week of seeing myself.

24. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

So after chatting online, calling support going to the Apple Store nearby, coming home, and making some more phone calls (that took an hour), I have a new Macbook Pro on its way. The Manager over at the Apple Store said that I shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement and then sending over the defective model, but she was wrong (uggg). So I was on the phone for a good hour working out a solution that wouldn't result in me loosing this current defective MBP until I got a new one. I decided I was willing to put on a new charge for another MBP on my credit card and then once I got the new one, I could send out the old one for a complete refund. So at least I can play with this one while I wait.

25. james138 macrumors newbie

my macbook pro went back to shanghai,china?!

im tracking my MBP through fed ex and it went from shanghai to memphis and then back to shanghai?! i live in california. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if i should be worried.