Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Change the name of the icon in the /private/var/stash/Themes.PJMrry/Wills Themes/Wills icons directory to Facebook@2x.png

That hasnt worked

didntowkr.jpg

AnionicStrength

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Delete any Facebook icons you have previously made.

1. Make a new directory in /private/var/stash/Themes.PJMrry/Wills Themes/ called "Bundles"
2. Make a new directory in /private/var/stash/Themes.PJMrry/Wills Themes/Bundles called "com.facebook.Facebook"
3. Upload your icon to this new directory and call it "Icon@2x.png"
4. Open Settings > Winterboard and ensure that "SummerBoard Mode" is set to Off.
5. Respring
6. Profit?

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Delete any Facebook icons you have previously made.

1. Make a new directory in /private/var/stash/Themes.PJMrry/Wills Themes/ called "Bundles"
2. Make a new directory in /private/var/stash/Themes.PJMrry/Wills Themes/Bundles called "com.facebook.Facebook"
3. Upload your icon to this new directory and call it "Icon@2x.png"
4. Open Settings > Winterboard and ensure that "SummerBoard Mode" is set to Off.
5. Respring
6. Profit?

legend!!

That works

But there are alot more icons I want, like this one for example

icon2xu.png

prov use that instead of my phone icon

How do I do that?

thanks again mate

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I suck.

Screenshot2010-12-28at33708PM.png

Winterboard is on, Summerboard is off.

Icons haven't changed.

Any ideas? I have no idea what the heck I'm missing.

:confused:

AnionicStrength

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
use that instead of my phone icon

How do I do that?

1) Make a new directory inside /Bundles called "com.apple.mobilephone"
2) Inside place the icon naming it "icon@2x.png" (be aware that capitalization or lack there of is important)
3) Toggle SummberBoard Mode in the Winterboard settings on and off to clear the icon cache
4) Respring

Here is a list of the stock iPhone app bundle identifiers and their respective icon names (Please take note of capitalization).

com.apple.AppStore - icon@2x.png
com.apple.calculator - icon@2x.png
com.apple.compass - Icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobilemail - icon@2x.png
com.apple.Maps - icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobilecal - icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobileipod - icon-MediaPlayer@2x.png
com.apple.mobilenotes - icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobilephone - icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobilesafari - icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobileslideshow - icon-Camera@2x.png icon-Photos@2x.png
com.apple.MobileSMS - icon@2x.png
com.apple.MobileStore - icon@2x.png
com.apple.mobiletimer - icon@2x.png
com.apple.Preferences - icon@2x.png
com.apple.stocks - icon@2x.png
com.apple.VoiceMemos - icon@2x.png
com.apple.weather - icon@2x.png
com.apple.youtube - icon@2x.png

Obviously there are too many AppStore apps to list them all. You will have to find their application bundles and icon names yourself. This can be a complicated process for the uninitiated.

AppStore apps are stored in /private/var/mobile/Applications/ but each is stored in a directory with a random Hex name. You can figure out which is which from the SBSettings settings (by invoking SBSettings and tapping "More"). The last option is "App Folders".

Once you have found the right directory, navigate inside *****.app. Inside will be info.plist. Download and open this file on your computer with a plist editor and you can get the app's "Bundle Identifier."

Also inside *****.app you will find the app's icon. If the developers have half a brain it will be "icon@2x.png" or "Icon@2x.png" but it could be anything. If the application has not been updated to support Retina, you're out of luck. You'll need to make a regular sized icon and replace "icon.png" in the Theme bundle.

With these two pieces of information, you can create a directory inside your /Library/Themes/Theme.****/****/Bundles/ directory with the name of the bundle identifier (ie com.facebook.Facebook) and place an appropriately named icon (ie Icon@2x.png) inside. Clear the icon cache by changing a Winterboard setting and respring.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Anyone know why some of my icons look small (Safari, Mail, iPod)? The png files are far bigger than the Phone icon (120 kb compared to 20 kb) but the phone looks fine and the other are sized wrong. The Phone icon is 500x500 and the others are 512x512. I resized the Safari icon to 60x60 but that did t do the trick.

5cd7f0eb.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.