Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Either providing they have the stock.
[doublepost=1473651670][/doublepost]
Yes you can use the phone and still return/exchange it within the 14 day period without any issues.

I bought an iPad mini 3 in 64GB used it for about a week and realised that I needed 128GB so I took it back and exchange it and just paid the difference.

I've also bought an iPod touch 6th gen and a pair of urbeats earphones. I used both and returned them for a refund within the 14 day period. It was very easy. Apple are great with their refund/exchange policy.
[doublepost=1473652139][/doublepost]
Last year I got the 6S plus in silver but wanted gold. I wanted to swap it out for gold and called Apple to ask how I could do this. They said that I simply needed to make a reservation for the model I wanted and then take my silver phone into the store and that they would do a straight exchange. I made two reservations on two separate days for a gold 6S plus in the same capacity. On the first day I called the store to confirm that this was possible and they confirmed that all I had to do was bring in my phone and they would do a straight exchange. I didn't manage to get to the store to do the exchange because at the time I was suffering from morning sickness and fatigue so I ended up sticking with my silver.

I've also exchanged a 64GB iPad mini 3 for a 128GB mini 3 within my 14 days. They returned the iPad mini and created a gift card for the price of the 64GB model and all I had to do was pay the difference in price (£80). The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.
[doublepost=1473652235][/doublepost]
I might do that myself (get 256GB) in the 14 days if I can get one in the same colour in a local store.

Carrier and what plan? If one of those plans like Jump, Next, iPhone Every Year...how did it affect that?

I ordered two Black 7+ 256gb but after thinking about it more I really don't need that much storage. My plan is to try and take them to AT&T store on Friday in hopes I can swap them out for the 128gb models.

I'm thinking quite the opposite, I preordered a 128GB Black 7 Plus for delivery on Friday however I wanted the 256GB. I am on the Next plan with AT&T, so does that mean an exchange would have to be done at an AT&T store so I won't mess up anything with my plan??

(I saw the incredible quality of pictures from Tim Cook at the Vikings/Titans game with an iPhone 7 Plus and if they look that good, I'm sure they are going to take up a lot of space)

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Any insider info on whether the stores will have Jet Black and Black stock? It seemed like Jet Black wasn't available at all to reserve, and Black was very limited.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Carrier and what plan? If one of those plans like Jump, Next, iPhone Every Year...how did it affect that?

I'm thinking quite the opposite, I preordered a 128GB Black 7 Plus for delivery on Friday however I wanted the 256GB. I am on the Next plan with AT&T, so does that mean an exchange would have to be done at an AT&T store so I won't mess up anything with my plan??

(I saw the incredible quality of pictures from Tim Cook at the Vikings/Titans game with an iPhone 7 Plus and if they look that good, I'm sure they are going to take up a lot of space)
It was a sim free phone that I purchased out right. The tariffs in the UK are so extortionate that it's cheaper to buy our phones outright and then just pay for airtime/data on its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.