Question to Administrator

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
I was just wondering what percentage of users here on Macrumors are coming from IE, and what percentage come from Safari? How many pc/mac users are on the site?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
sammyman said:
I was just wondering what percentage of users here on Macrumors are coming from IE, and what percentage come from Safari? How many pc/mac users are on the site?

Here's some numbers for march

43% Safari
16.9% MSIE
14.9% FireFox
13.1% Unknown

57.3% Macintosh
26.8% Windows
14.6% Uknown
1% Linux

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
arn said:

43% Safari
16.9% MSIE
14.9% FireFox
13.1% Unknown

57.3% Macintosh
26.8% Windows
14.6% Uknown
1% Linux
Interesting, not the numbers but a Arn response i was wondering if you were still alive :D Safari is my favorite but im using MSIE at the moment. Firefox is still gaining.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Can you do another breakdown of what Mac users are using for web browser. How many are still on IE compared to Safari ect ect.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
MacNut said:
Can you do another breakdown of what Mac users are using for web browser. How many are still on IE compared to Safari ect ect.
Doctor Q, where are you?

Hey... that rhymes.... :) ....kinda...:D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
arn said:

43% Safari
16.9% MSIE
14.9% FireFox
13.1% Unknown

57.3% Macintosh
26.8% Windows
14.6% Uknown
1% Linux
Look's like FireFox is catching up ;) Although I'm very bad for the moment: Wintel+MSIE :eek:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Platform said:
Although I'm very bad for the moment: Wintel+MSIE :eek:
*Slaps wrist* Shame on you! :eek: :p :D

I don't know about other users, but my traffic on evenings and weekends is Mac/FF and my traffic during the week is sometimes Win/FF, because I use our lab computers, although recently, I've been bringing my iBook with me, so I can run simulations on one screen and surf on the other. :D

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
London
mad jew said:
That's weird, from how everyone on these boards praises Firefox, I would have thought more people used it...
When I'm at work (and forced to use Windows) I use a local install of Firefox as it's the best browser on Windows. I find that it's not quite as Mac-like as I'd want it to be, so I use Safari on OSX. I'd imagine that quite a few people feel the same...

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
mkrishnan said:
*Slaps wrist* Shame on you! :eek: :p :D

I don't know about other users, but my traffic on evenings and weekends is Mac/FF and my traffic during the week is sometimes Win/FF, because I use our lab computers, although recently, I've been bringing my iBook with me, so I can run simulations on one screen and surf on the other. :D
Yes I know *shameful*

I want to get a Mac but I don't have the money, but when I do I will buy one ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mechcozmo said:
OmniWeb, Lynx, Camino, iCab, and uh.... thats it for the top of my head. I bet I'm forgetting some.
There're a few regulars who use Shiira too. And maybe a couple of Opera'rs. If Camino and Mozilla are considered part of the other group, then I bet they're the biggest part...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'm sorry but people who still use Windows and MSIE just plain disgust me!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
IE is bad, but whatever floats their boat

i guess im part of the unknowns, since i use Camino just about exclusively, although im debating going back to Safari (been getting too many pop-ups)

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Nah, using Windows, that's understandable. but MSIE. That's just cold. :p :D
I know, I have both FireFox and Netscape installed but I don't like their interface on windows.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Mechcozmo said:
OmniWeb, Lynx, Camino, iCab, and uh.... thats it for the top of my head. I bet I'm forgetting some.
Completley forgot about those :eek:

I think OmniWeb and Camio are quite good but they are not free :mad:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Platform said:
Completley forgot about those :eek:

I think OmniWeb and Camio are quite good but they are not free :mad:
i think OmniWeb is the only browser that is NOT free out there, unless you count paying for an OS a cost for a browser (ie Safari and IE)

Camino is free, as are the vast majority of em out there

i just want to see some improvement in Camino, its been a while since an update was released for it

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
mkrishnan said:
There're a few regulars who use Shiira too. And maybe a couple of Opera'rs. If Camino and Mozilla are considered part of the other group, then I bet they're the biggest part...
Ah, yes... forgot about them. :)

PlaceofDis said:
i think OmniWeb is the only browser that is NOT free out there, unless you count paying for an OS a cost for a browser (ie Safari and IE)
Actually IE is free. Linkety And it is "integrated" into Win98 and up... but it was free for Win95, too. Just wasn't integrated into the entire operating system.