Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rippley5150

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2015
Sterling VA
Finally! The key that's been missing from keyboards for decades!!! View attachment 665244
Maybe Homer will be able to find it now lol

press-any-key-to-continue-cant-find-the-any-key-thumb.jpg

FatherJack1980

Suspended
Dec 31, 2015

That's Simpson clip is always gold ;)

But I find it funny that now Apple will allow customization of the keys on the keyboard - but now, and probably forever, the only customization that is possible on the iPhone is the rearrangement of the icons and changing the wallpaper.

iKen1

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2012
Before this becomes usable it need the display to be at the surface of the key not the bottom of a transparent hole. Otherwise, no thanks.

Reactions: ErikGrim

soucisyl

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2016
I'd like to have the option.

For example on the rare occasion I need the € symbol I press Command-Control-Space, then use the trackpad to click the "Search" box, type "eur", then reach for the trackpad again to double click the € symbol and click the tiny close panel button.

This is vastly inferior to iOS where you just long press the $ symbol. A dynamic keyboard would help me discover the Option-Shift-2 keyboard shortcut, which I know exists but can never remember when it's needed.

There's a easy way: go to System Parameters->Keyboard->Text
Add replace (e) [or anything else of your choice] with €

It will also put this shortcut on all your devices. So 123.12(e) will be replaced by 123.12€

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.