Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
what you mean few? its been 3 years in a row of the same design,no we dont have the attention span of a gnat,we just talk it doesnt hurt anybody ,dont be that person pls,dont make a drama
Very Well Said!

Make no mistake, I'm a big Apple enthusiast that owns a substantial number of current and past products. I have a very comprehensive knowledge of what kind of company they are and all that they're capable of. It's one reason why I'm very outspoken, never hesitating to call them out when they just coast along being complacent and profit taking instead of innovating.

Next years iPhone is a golden opportunity for Apple to do something big. Or remain greedy and conservative. Only time will tell... :D

Reactions: ABC5S and esteli

esteli

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
Basse-Ville
Very Well Said!

Make no mistake, I'm a big Apple enthusiast that owns a substantial number of current and past products. I have a very comprehensive knowledge of what kind of company they are and all that they're capable of. It's one reason why I'm very outspoken, never hesitating to call them out when they just coast along being complacent and profit taking instead of innovating.

Next years iPhone is a golden opportunity for Apple to do something big. Or remain greedy and conservative. Only time will tell... :D

they better to do something next year yes,and like it or not the work on iphone 8 is already starting right now,some people might not like it that we talk already about the iphone 8 ( come on its just a talk about a phone just dont be sensitive,dont take it so serious,people will not die ) its fun talking about it.

oh and by the way i really like the design of the iphone 8 that macrumors put onthe front page https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/
beautiful isnt it?:)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Being its a complete revamp, the chassis is likely due for a major change, but rather it be glass, stainless (As reported by Macrumors/Ming-Kuo) is unreported. The major rumors likely start in late spring, towards production.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
they better to do something next year yes,and like it or not the work on iphone 8 is already starting right now,some people might not like it that we talk already about the iphone 8 ( come on its just a talk about a phone just dont be sensitive,dont take it so serious,people will not die ) its fun talking about it.

oh and by the way i really like the design of the iphone 8 that macrumors put onthe front page https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/
beautiful isnt it?:)
That's very nice indeed, even a minor styling update by Jony Ive would go a long way to confirm that he's still alive and working. Lately there hasn't been any signs that he's done anything other than collect his fat paycheck.

Reactions: esteli and ABC5S

Uni Grad

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2015
Bloomberg News
I for one would like the following (based on speculation and rumors).

Next year is a big year, 10 years for iPhone. I dont think theyll call it iPhone ### I think they might have iPhone, iPhone Plus, and iPhone Pro.

First up, I really do hope they go with a glass back. The Samsung S6, S7 look hella sexy with that metal aluminium frame running through the chassis. I heard Apple is planning something similar with stainless steel - bring it on.

In fact I hope they go with ceramic, and not glass. Something like the Apple Watch (black bezels, white ceramic glass at the back would be classy, with the matte black alumnium frame running in between would be awesome).

I hope we do a return to the boxy iPhone 5/5S/SE shape, if not, then something completely new and ergonomic, not like the slippery but sexy **** my 6s is.

I actually dont mind the top/bottom bezels - they look alright, but apple needs to shrink the side bezel so the screen essentially runs right into the metal frame. The top/buttom can only be reduced if Apple decides to move the home button - but the thing is, I like it there at the front! I feel a proper way to do this is to make remove the button, make the bezels smaller, and the whole bottom chin should be a Touch ID area - that would be innovative.

Please for Gods sake bring USB C. I know, I know proprietary standard lightning blah blah blah. But there were rumors of Apple testing iPhone 7s with USB C, so Im hoping they have the "courage" to drop lightning in favor of USB C.

I hope there is a 4'' variant - I love that screen size.

Finally, for Steve's sake Apple, AMOLED/OLED needs to be brought onto these devices. They're already late by 2 years, don't let it slide. I want it across all the devices, no unnecessary fragmentation. OLED screen would blend in perfectly with the black front bezel...truly wonderful.

/wishlist

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Is that so? Odd, considering the release is a year away and you have no information to back up these claims. But the confidence is inspiring.

Well, if you're going to make predictions, might as well make them with conviction.

I for instance am entirely certain the body of the next iPhone will be finely crafted from a super durable form of blancmange. This will offer excellent drop protection, allow them to style it in an almost infinite number of ways and allow them to easily expand on the colours they offer. Not to mention that it would be very different from the past 3 years design and stand out from the crowd, how many other manufacturers are brave enough to use blancmange, not many I'd wager.

Reactions: esteli

esteli

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
Basse-Ville
That's very nice indeed, even a minor styling update by Jony Ive would go a long way to confirm that he's still alive and working. Lately there hasn't been any signs that he's done anything other than collect his fat paycheck.

LOL johny ive got a big paycheck for the the last design of iphone 7,for the missing line antena ;)

actually for the back design i dont care much ,but i have so much hope for the front,i guess its time now to get rid of the bezel.

Reactions: maxsix

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
LOL johny ive got a big paycheck for the the last design of iphone 7,for the missing line antena ;)

actually for the back design i dont care much ,but i have so much hope for the front,i guess its time now to get rid of the bezel.
Yes...

At a minimum it's time that Apple reduce the size of the big top and bottom bezels, they're hideous looking and make the iPhone taller than it should be. Or at least they could give it the larger spacious 5.7" display. That's what my beautiful Nexus 6P has and it's no bigger than iPhones 6/6S/7.

esteli

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
Basse-Ville
Yes...

At a minimum it's time that Apple reduce the size of the big top and bottom bezels, they're hideous looking and make the iPhone taller than it should be. Or at least they could give it the larger spacious 5.7" display. That's what my beautiful Nexus 6P has and it's no bigger than iPhones 6/6S/7.

tell me how is nexus 6p performance actually ,how is it compared to the last iphone? i hate samsung well not '' hate'' just annoyed,but nexus seems a fine stuff,i only hear good things about it
[doublepost=1475535724][/doublepost]i had nokia,siemens and then only iphones

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
tell me how is nexus 6p performance actually ,how is it compared to the last iphone? i hate samsung well not '' hate'' just annoyed,but nexus seems a fine stuff,i only hear good things about it
[doublepost=1475535724][/doublepost]i had nokia,siemens and then only iphones
Because I work in the tech sector and embrace all forms of mobile communications and computing, I'm particularly fond of smartphones. Over half of my time is spent traveling therefore a smartphone that I can do work on is even more compelling.

Having used both Androids and iPhones concurrently since each were created it's been very educational and enjoyable. I've owned several models of each of the various brands like HTC, Samsung, OPPO, OnePlus, Motorola, Sony, LG, Xiaomi and others.

Carrying Android and iOS platforms daily provides an opportunity to compare them in ways most users never experience.

A long time Apple computer user, shareholder and enthusiast, I'm a bit biased towards Apple yet only slightly. My Windows, Unix, OSX, Linux, concurrent cross platform usage also keeps me current on the desktop. It's this environment and the vast capabilities of the Android Operating System that cause me to prefer and choose my stellar Nexus 6P as my primary smartphone.

Not only does it's Android OS offer the fast efficient file system just like my computers, but Google Now provides functionality Siri simply cannot match. Not even close.

The Huawei built... high quality Nexus 6P handset is every bit as precisely fitted as any iPhone to date, including the iP7 models I bought for family members. It's gorgeous OLED display is amazing and the colors aren't over saturated as the haters would like everyone to believe. It's ultra high resolution delivers 518 PPI to iPhones dated 401 PPI screen.

The high grade aluminum has a beautiful satin finish that looks very attractive and isn't slippery like iPhone is. The tactile experience is better than iPhone because of the slight compound curve of the back, unlike the flat slab shaped back of Apples phone. Huawei included a robust 3GB of ram, a very fast processor and a large 5.7" display in a phone that's just 1.00mm taller and the same width and thickness as iPhone 6S Plus.

Overall the Nexus 6P without any carrier bloatware is exactly like the iOS experience where updates are concerned. Always running the latest Google offers gives this phone quite the advantage.

Side by side, day in and day out, both of these smartphones are excellent. For my preferences the fast, lag free, crash free Nexus 6P is simply unbeatable. It's not perfect, no smartphone is, but it's absolutely the most important, the most useful of any of the many phones I've had to date... :D

esteli

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
Basse-Ville
Because I work in the tech sector and embrace all forms of mobile communications and computing, I'm particularly fond of smartphones. Over half of my time is spent traveling therefore a smartphone that I can do work on is even more compelling.

Having used both Androids and iPhones concurrently since each were created it's been very educational and enjoyable. I've owned several models of each of the various brands like HTC, Samsung, OPPO, OnePlus, Motorola, Sony, LG, Xiaomi and others.

Carrying Android and iOS platforms daily provides an opportunity to compare them in ways most users never experience.

A long time Apple computer user, shareholder and enthusiast, I'm a bit biased towards Apple yet only slightly. My Windows, Unix, OSX, Linux, concurrent cross platform usage also keeps me current on the desktop. It's this environment and the vast capabilities of the Android Operating System that cause me to prefer and choose my stellar Nexus 6P as my primary smartphone.

Not only does it's Android OS offer the fast efficient file system just like my computers, but Google Now provides functionality Siri simply cannot match. Not even close.

The Huawei built... high quality Nexus 6P handset is every bit as precisely fitted as any iPhone to date, including the iP7 models I bought for family members. It's gorgeous OLED display is amazing and the colors aren't over saturated as the haters would like everyone to believe. It's ultra high resolution delivers 518 PPI to iPhones dated 401 PPI screen.

The high grade aluminum has a beautiful satin finish that looks very attractive and isn't slippery like iPhone is. The tactile experience is better than iPhone because of the slight compound curve of the back, unlike the flat slab shaped back of Apples phone. Huawei included a robust 3GB of ram, a very fast processor and a large 5.7" display in a phone that's just 1.00mm taller and the same width and thickness as iPhone 6S Plus.

Overall the Nexus 6P without any carrier bloatware is exactly like the iOS experience where updates are concerned. Always running the latest Google offers gives this phone quite the advantage.

Side by side, day in and day out, both of these smartphones are excellent. For my preferences the fast, lag free, crash free Nexus 6P is simply unbeatable. It's not perfect, no smartphone is, but it's absolutely the most important, the most useful of any of the many phones I've had to date... :D

you know what? if you were in front of me selling that phone i might buy it right away thats very convincing ,it does looks beautiful,number 2 after my iphone ;):) ,my experiences with android (samsung galaxy s4,edge7 and note 7 =job phones) weren't that great that i thought i would never use android as my main phone,and now since the job doesnt resend me the replacement of the note 7 yet i might as well asking for nexus 6p,i do feel the love for nexus 6p. as for iphone i just cant still live without it, i just love the simplyness of it,its easy to use and even with the 1% battery i still can do some task for 10 or 20 mins to come ,i could never do that with other phone. hows the battery of nexus 6p?
and for siri i think its been 2 years i never heard her saying anything :) i just dont use it,at first it was exciting, so you know lots of tech stuff ,currently im looking for a gaming computer,if i want to play something like assasin creed syndicate because my old windows laptop cant play it ,if i want a mac for example does macbook air can play it or should i just go to something like alienware? i dont mind the price, oh sorry if its not the appropriate thread for this.
anyway thanks for the comparison of nexus/iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.