QuickReply is Now free - Refund Question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dand1996, Aug 23, 2010.

1. dand1996 macrumors regular

Hey guys -

Now the Quickreply has been made free and there will be no more updates to it, the creator is issuing refunds. This announcement can be seen on the quickreply cydia page.

Have you sent your information to the creator for the refund yet? He needs cydia account, paypal email and your UDID.

Im just making sure everyone put in for their refund (if bought within 30 days) and wondering if anyone has received it yet.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

WTF? I was hoping he would fix all the bugs and have it work right like back in the 3.0 days.
    So he's done?
    I don't care about the $3-4, I just wanted a good quickreply solution.
    What other options are out there with similar type of app? I don't want to replace the whole messages system.
    Just something to respond quick without 100 options or settings.

3. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

QuickReply works 100% of the time. What bugs are people complaining about? Infact, I'm exceedingly happy about my purchase of this. It's the best JB app I have.

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Fixing to reinstall to see how far he had gotten with it. The dev said it needed a complete rewrite and he asked on twitter about a week ago if people would pay for a new version that was a complete rewrite. After that he said he was done with it and focusing on App Store apps.

5. dand1996 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't work landscape mode

6. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Don't know, haven't used it some time but according to the developer it's got bugs.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm with ya. What isn't working for me now is BiteSMS ... which I did purchase as well.
    I consider having it when I did worth my few bucks.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you can install BiteSMS and use the quick reply only, and keep your stock SMS.app. there is a setting to tell BiteSMS if you want it to replace the stock app or not.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cool, I'll give bite a try.
    The only thing that did not work on 4.0+ was if you got 2 or 3 texts you can't open them and reply to them one after the other on the lockscreen or anywhere for example. But have to go into the stock messages to view and reply cause if you double tapped nothing happened. Let me know if this feature worked on anyone else and maybe not on my phone.
    Also no load earlier button any more.

10. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'll pass on the refund. The developer put in the work to create QuickReply, and I got fair use out of it after I bought it, so he owes me nothing.

11. HelperMonkey macrumors member

Is it free as of now? When I go in it shows $2.99.

12. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I uninstalled because every time I got one in-app it resprung my device. Happened 80% of the time or more.

13. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hmmm is tlert really as good? I don't care about the refund... but I do want a good "quick-reply"-like solution... I wish he would have just open-sourced it

14. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

After he updated for 4.0 which broke it for 3.x.x for a time it never worked the same for me. I would have the same issue as applejuiced mentioned above among other issues including regular safe modes sometimes 2-3 per day. I'm happy just using the stock SMS app. After that I started to streamline my jb apps and all is well.

15. MacUser77 macrumors newbie

I used quick reply on the Iphone 4 and it has been great for me....Only issue I've ever notice is if i get like 4 txt msgs in a row sometimes it will freeze on lockscreen... but thats a very rare occurrence. I won't be requesting a refund... i've gotten enough use out of it already for the small fee he charged..and i don't anticipate it messing up randomly now...

16. thep33t macrumors regular

I really have no idea how tlert compares to the others, but I do know it works for me.

If I get a text, it pops up on whatever screen I am on (toggle for lockscreen).

I can quick compose using button combos, and I can reply 1 line, or using the other button that popsup, reply in a conv-style thing.

The others, if I understand, have more fluff, which I am not interested in.

17. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I hear ya - i've uninstalled quickreply... and I just installed tlert. I'll give it a week or so to see how I like it.

18. Kayan macrumors 6502

Keep us posted on tlert because I was really hoping to get QR when I got the i4, I'm really sad he's not updating it anymore.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You know what I gave bitesms a try and I am amazed.
    Im never looking back.
    BiteSMS got the same quickreply features but with tons of other options and alot more customizing.

20. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Yeah it killed restored and forgot I had my shsh saved. Best text app just hated the icon so I changed it.

21. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I remember posting in another topic trying to convince people to use biteSMS...you were one of them lol.

22. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Welcome to the dark side!:cool:

23. BMJT macrumors regular

Just change the icon w/ SSH + Winterboard.

24. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I was going to recommend bitesms but it's tough to convince people that they need anything more than a quick reply option. I was stubborn at first and I bought irealquicksms because I decided I didn't need the full-blown irealsms program. When they stopped development on irealquicksms and they upgraded me to irealsms for free, I was still stubborn and kept using the stock sms app (only used irealsms for the quick reply/quick compose functions). When I finally decided to try the full irealsms program, I couldn't believe what I was missing.

Then I got my iphone 4 and really missed irealsms. When I was finally able to jb, irealsms was a bit buggy so I tried bitesms. Bitesms is even better than irealsms and it's cheaper! There are a couple features that it lacks but they are constantly updating the app and those features will be added shortly. Plus you can use it for free if you don't mind looking at ads (I hate ads though so I just bought my license since my trial expired today). Well worth the $8.99.