Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sampdoria

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
the radio shack where I got a pin from already has my iphone! the manager showed it to me behind a locked cage in the back room, but didn't let me take a photo, otherwise he'd get in serious trouble. he was only able to get mine (32GB black) but not my wife's (16GB white- no surprise there). I have a 16GB black reserved at the apple store for my wife, just for this outcome. So I will have to make two trips on launch day- the apple store first for my wife's, and then RS right after for mine. the RS manager said their store will open normal hours 8:30am, and he will hold mine until friday. He told me he got 8 out of 9 iphone pin requests, my wife's white was the 9th, and no extras. While other local RS stores only got 2 or 3 out of 20 pin requests. He thinks the other stores didn't process the pins properly. So far RS has been pretty good to me- gave me a $50 gift card for the hassle of getting the pins, will trade in my crappy cell phones for credit, and will (or at least try to) waive the upgrade fee. RS you rock!

JustinP81

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Celebration, FL
Good news for those who went to RS to pre-order.

But, if this is all 100% true, then RS is a bad idea for trying on Thursday for those who want to avoid Apple/ATT/BB/Walmart.

puggles

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
My RS still knows nothing...looks like I'll be heading to the apple store early

sampdoria

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Good news for those who went to RS to pre-order.

But, if this is all 100% true, then RS is a bad idea for trying on Thursday for those who want to avoid Apple/ATT/BB/Walmart.

yes, RS won't have any extras, unless someone cancel's their reservation, which according to the manager i talked with will hold all his reservations until friday, and won't release for sale until saturday. he already spoke with all his other reserves and they will come in on thursday to pick them up.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I had the first PIN at my store, my wife the second. They didn't get a single phone. Zero inventory.

Not good.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
^When you say they didn't get a single phone, do you mean they didn't get any in yet, or that they won't be getting any for the 24th?

I was told I was the only one who put in a reservation at the store I went to (the guy made it sound like I was the only one in the city), and that my reservation was successful, but was never given a pin. I hope they get even one or two phones in to fulfill my order.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
^When you say they didn't get a single phone, do you mean they didn't get any in yet, or that they won't be getting any for the 24th?

I was told I was the only one who put in a reservation at the store I went to (the guy made it sound like I was the only one in the city), and that my reservation was successful, but was never given a pin. I hope they get even one or two phones in to fulfill my order.

They are not getting any phones. My "reservations" are worthless. He's "sorry."

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Radio Shack distributed phones to higher earning stores first. If you reserved at a small store, or if they didn't know how to reserve properly, you end up getting screwed.

pab277

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
I might try my luck at my local RS, because when i talked to the manager yesterday, he said that they will be selling the iPhone 4 on thursday, but it will be at a first come first serve basis since no pre-order's were taken.

AC773

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2006
I'm #11 on the list for my RS store in Silver Spring, MD and they say they're definitely getting phones but they don't yet know how many. The rep said they expect delivery tomorrow or later today. I don't fully expect that they'll get 11 or more iPhones, but it's not over yet and nobody can say for sure.

Fingers crossed! :)

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
I was 3rd to reserve but they only had 2 PIN's...so I didn't get one. BUT I got a call today from the manager telling me that he will have a black 32GB in my name ready for me on the 24th. :D

Saves me from traveling a few hours to the Apple Store.

blizzardnorth

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
Just called my local Shack that took my name down on paper. I called a few days ago and they stated that they did process my request properly, and a receipt printed out. Today at 5PM he told me he didn't know anything yet about if his store was getting the phone in.

Up until today he had guaranteed me that i would receive the new phone on the 24th.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Dude. That is not a list. It is a link to the RS home page.

If you click on "Find Store" you will see a list of stores.. they are not all of the Radio Shacks, leading one to believe its a list of stores that will carry iPhones. What sucks is that the store I reserved at is not on the list.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
If you click on "Find Store" you will see a list of stores.. they are not all of the Radio Shacks, leading one to believe its a list of stores that will carry iPhones. What sucks is that the store I reserved at is not on the list.

I see that in the rotation of featured products at the top of the site now. My Radio Shack is not on the list either. If my pre-order doesn't come the manager of my Radio Shack better find me one quick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.