Radio Shack F*&$ You

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blizzardnorth, Jun 23, 2010.

1. blizzardnorth macrumors member

So I got the official call from the store manager stating that his store would be receiving zero iphone 4s at launch day. Sorry he said.

I was first on the customer request for my local store as I arrived at noon.

Now what do i do?

Anyone in the Wisconsin Area with any suggestions? Does anyone have any available reservations that they are not using?

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Got an Apple Store? Best bet is to get there really early like tonight if you do not have a reservation.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wait until Radio Shack gets some in stock? It's just a phone......

4. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Man, that really is bad business right there.

I guess you really only have 2 options. You can order your phone online and wait until July to get it or go to your local Apple store extremely early and hope for the best.

5. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

I just can't comprehend why people don't order through apple.

6. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Do what this guy said...just go SUPER early to your local Apple store and keep those fingers crossed!

Good luck buddy!

7. blizzardnorth thread starter macrumors member

If anyone is interested in checking out just how many people are pissed at Radio Shack... Check out their facebook page. It's littered with stories just like mine

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

^explain how that is "really bad business" there? It's not like the employees are hiding them all and at least they told you today and not when you showed up tomorrow. I'm sure apple will be hoarding all units to sell at their stores which is also understandable.

9. lionqueen macrumors 6502

If you don't have anything helpful to add, maybe you should put a sock in it.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

+1

I simply can't believe that you won't get one if you show up at an Apple store at 5:30 AM. (Unless you're takling about the big NYC store, of course.)

But for any other Apple store? It'll be a long line to wait in, but I'm pretty sure you'll get one.

Apple has always saved a large number of phones for launch day. They always give other stores small amounts...they always run out of pre-orders...they always push shipping dates back for online orders...

All that stuff happens because they're holding on to a lot for the Apple stores.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It is one way to get an iPhone. It's a prefectly valid answer.

12. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah I would just go to the apple store and hope for the best. Hopefully someone from Wisconsin has an extra reservation that they can give you. That sucks.

13. 8mpg macrumors regular

I just can't comprehend why people dont understand Apple's server was down most of the day.

14. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

IMO, it's crappy because businesses large or small should NOT take pre-orders without knowing what they're going to get.

The Best Buy garbage is worse though because they forced them to get a $50 gift card with their preorder.

15. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Maybe you can wait till there available at radio shack sometime in July?

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Really now, who puts faith in Radio Shack to come through for anything? If Radio Shack was a hospital and I got a paper cut on my finger I'd probably bleed to death waiting for the nurse to bring me a band-aid.

17. aequitas1234 macrumors member

This was a rude comment. It's perfectly acceptable to wait for the phone, your whole identity doesn't have to be wrapped up in getting a phone at launch day.

Just cool it and wait, no big deal.

18. mangohippo macrumors member

It actually is bad business to take preorders (Radio Shack did take preorders right?) and then call to say you won't have any phones available. Then again, I have friends that work at the corporate level for a cell phone provider and they've always said its better to go through the provider (in this case AT&T) or directly through the phone's manufacturer (Apple). They will always have priority over the likes of Best Buy and Radio Shack.

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I wouldnt buy batteries from radio shack. The place is wack.

If you MUST have one soon, You can wait at an apple store tomorrow or an AT&T store on the 29th.

Or easier, order from Apple and get one in 2 weeks. 2 weeks will fly by and by then you will know all the tricks and bugs by reading here. Rather than suffering through them yourself.

20. pmz macrumors 68000

Wait a few days, or try something else?

I'm sorry but if you actually wanted one tomorrow, Radio Shack was never the place to go.

21. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the club. I was first at my store because I got there at 8:45 AM and waited. They also got zero. So now, it's camp-out time at the Apple Store... all of which are in malls in this area that won't even open the parking lot until 6 when it's a free-for-all foot race to the front. Can't wait.

22. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

This.

23. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Not to pile on, but who did not see this coming. I mean really Radio Shack?

24. Macdicted macrumors regular

Sounds like you need to put a rag in it.

It's just a phone like he stated , wait or go elsewhere , don't cry because they weren't allotted any.

25. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

If you want to get one from the apple store you better goline up right now, or you wont get one.