Radio Shack Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bunger, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

Just thought I would start a thread regarding the Radio Shack experience ( ie., if you preordered, what number in line you are, and a place to follow-up on June 24th )

I was in my local store around 8:30am on the 15th and am #2 on the list for a black 32gb, so we'll see....

2. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Got there at 8:45 on the 15th and was number 2 and 3. Had to go back at 1 for the actual reservation and managed to be the first to get a pin. An hour and a half later, my wife was #2.

So, assuming RadioShack gets phones and follows their policy, it's a guarantee.

3. doteyes9 macrumors member

Anyone have any clue how many iPhone 4's Radioshack's will get? If I put my name on the list right now, I would be #8. I'm wondering if they will even get that many, or any at all. I already have a pre-order for 7/2 but damn if I want it on 6/24 :p

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

These may help:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=939277
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=938334
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=938660
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=938458
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937624
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937862
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937837
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937613

5. Dark K macrumors member

My local Radioshack was a mess at pre-ordering my iPhone, and with the fact of I being the only one who has been asking them their process about the iPhone 4, they had to always look at their printed paper which included the instructions to follow for the iPhone 4 release. In the end, they didn't let me because the way I was going to get it wasn't by neither upgrade or adding a new line, you see, on May 27th, I got my 16GB 3GS, I did it to keep the unlimited data plan. So, they were like indirectly saying that I wouldn't get the phone on launch day because of the pre-orders, I told them to not worry, there will be probably none other than me that day at 5:30AM at the mall entrance, even though they insist that they would be opening at 9AM (current opening hour).

So yeah, he did guaranteed that the phone IS going to be available on their store on launch day and I respond to him that I WILL get one :)

6. Mankin5344 macrumors member

I got there at 12:37 pm and they told me they couldn't enter my info till 1:00pm. They got me entered rather quickly and was out of there by 1:05. My receipt says it was entered at 1:01 so i am hopeful I will get one on the 24 th. I was the first one to be entered but a few people were behind me waiting to get entered. They gave me a receipt that said "request trigger". What did they give you guys?

7. puggles macrumors regular

I got nothing from my RS. they told me to leave and they would call me when they got my preorder to go through...they called me a couple hours later and said i was all set. Im not sure how much i trust them so if i dont get a call by closing on the 23rd i will be at the apple store bright and early the next day.

8. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

My experience was similar to puggles' - so we'll see what happens on the 24th

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

well they didnt take $50 reserves because they aren't guaranteeing everyone gets phones

but I assume as long as you got a pin number from their system, that may mean u will get a phone. My local Radio Shack said they got about 8-10 pre orders to go thru

I dont think they will have any just extra for non pre ordered customers

10. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. The big uncertainty is whether each Radio Shack store will get the phones and how many of each kind ( 16gb vs 32gb ) they will get. No one will really know until the delivery trucks start showing up on the 24th...

11. witmvpness6 macrumors member

31 on the list for a 32gb white, she said my store is getting the most and the majority are for 16gb black so we will see. She said she will call me friday and they will know how many they are getting of each and tell me if I can get the 32gb white or if I have to change my mind etc.

12. 8mpg macrumors regular

my store found a way to screw everyone that did a preorder...not a single preorder will be honored at that store. They also never called anyone to let them know they were unable to secure a single phone.

13. Justinm59 macrumors regular

I know radioshack is doing a trade thing for old iphones. Does anyone know if this is only for if you buy a phone from them? It probably is but I was interested.

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Got to the store at 9am. The guy had no clue about pre-orders. He called someone, probably a manager, and I heard him say "Oh, we are doing them?" The guy fiddled with the computer, then read off an email about not doing them, then something about noon. Then I heard something about no pre-orders, but reservations. When all was said and done about 10 minutes later, he wrote my name, number and email address on a piece of paper.

He called a couple of hours later and took down my home address and the model of phone I wanted. That was it. No pin, no update, nothing. I was the first one there in the morning, so I assume if the store is lucky enough to get any, I'll get one.

No you don't have to buy a new phone, you get store credit for anything you want, they're just advertising the iPhone trade-in because many will get rid of their 3GS' to upgrade.

15. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

Just curious if anyone has any updates. I am hoping to hear from my local store tomorrow sometime, but will call if I don't hear from them by noon or so...

16. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I've heard nothing. I've called the store a couple of times, but it sounds like they're still unsure.

17. Westin macrumors regular

I was number 1, my cousin number 2 on the list.

Our store got a big ZERO

18. zoeconner macrumors regular

19. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean your store didn't get any inventory at all and will not get any tomorrow? Did you get a preorder pin number on the 15th?

20. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Sorry if you are getting tired of these "my friend manages a Radio Shack store" posts of mine, but....

My friend manages a store, and he was going to update me on whether he could get a phone for me. I didn't pre-order, but if he got extra, he was going to hold one back for me.

He emailed me last night and told me I'd better go somewhere else, because "Radio Shack got hosed". I asked him what that means and he hasn't gotten back to me, but it's obvious that his store at least will not be getting more than their pre-orders.

I'm inferring from this that maybe he's not even getting as many as he was promised, and maybe that's even the case for all Radio Shack stores.

I've said all along that Radio Shack will probably be the first to get screwed if supplies are running low, as they're the newest retailer to carry the phone.

Read into this what you will. I'm sorry I didn't get anything more specific, but he might not be able to tell me more.

21. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

^You are one of several people who has said Radio Shack got the shaft.

Other people are saying stores in a distrcit with the most amount of PINs got the least amount (in some cases, 0) phones.

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

23. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I got the first PIN in my local store.. and they are getting literally 0 phones.

24. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You make your point well, but you actually took the time to collect all those links?

I think with the frenzy of shipping and launch day around the corner, we're going to have to accept that there will be a lot of duplicate posts. I hate it too, but I'm still just trying to help people.