Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Are the RS stores opening at 7 or 7:30am tomorrow?

I mean I was at RS this morning and the frakkin' guy
didn't even know preorders start tomorrow let alone
that his store would be open early.

jfinn1976

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
My local RS said 7:30 pre-orders start on tues the 15th, I sure hope you don't wait until thurs.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Okay here's the deal....

None of the Radio Shack stores in our area
know anything yet because there is a conference
call within the hour.

Let me explain...

Called another RS store in the area. Was told
that they don't know anything about iPhone preorders
tomorrow simply because they are all due for a
conference call within the hour from corporate to
discuss what the procedure will be.

So, perhaps you store already got the news.

I will say this. The woman at the second RS
store took down my phone number and said she
would personally call me later today to give me
all the details.

puggles

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
Just went to mine...they are opening at 7AM and have both colors available to pre-order. They are also expecting a line and said to get there early because they will run out quickly.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I would urge everyone to call their Radio Shack store
immediately and report back on this....

Just called 3 stores in my area and got the following
information....

Radio Shack will be giving PIN numbers to everyone
starting at 1pm EST tomorrow.

The PIN does not guarantee you will get an iPhone.
You walk in the store, Radio Shack goes into the
system and checks your eligibility then issues you
a PIN.

There are only a limited amount of PINs available.

These are NOT pre-orders per Apple's request.
And again, the PIN does not guarantee you will
get a phone.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Here's the info from the big call we just had...

We will be taking reservations at 12PM CST. This reservation guarantees you a phone on launch day. The way our DC knows which stores to send phones is from the reservations. Example. If my store reserves 10, i will get 10 + a few extra. There will be limited quantities, so get to your store as early as possible before 12pm cst and hang out. The pin numbers are to match your reservation to your phone b/c there is no money transfer. Replenishment on iPhone 4 is based on iPhone 3G/s sales. If your local store sells 1 every 2 weeks, they wont be getting replenished as often as a store that sole 10/week.

Also, we CAN open whenever we want to on launch day. My store is opening at 6am. One hour before Best Buy, and ATT.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
@NJRonbo...

Reservations with a pin attached DO guarantee you a phone on launch day. This is how our DC knows how many to send. Otherwise there would be no point in doing a reservation. Basically if a store takes 20 reservations, they will get 20 phones plus a few extra based on how many reservations they took. If a store tells you the reservation will not guarantee you a phone, go to a diff RS bc that store doest know what theya re talking about.

:apple: says we cannot call it a "pre-order" and we cannot take money for the iPhone 4 before launch day!

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Wait a sec...

Had to read that again...

If I get a PIN tomorrow at 1pm EST I am guaranteed
a phone on launch day? I don't have to stand in line
that morning?

They told me differently when I called the store citing
NO RESERVATIONS.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Wait a sec...

Had to read that again...

If I get a PIN tomorrow at 1pm EST I am guaranteed
a phone on launch day? I don't have to stand in line
that morning?

They told me differently when I called the store citing
NO RESERVATIONS.

If you get a reservation pin, you will have a phone on launch day, bottom line. No pin, no guarantee of a phone. With the pin, you can pick it up when you want. At opening or 8pm at night. I would make damn sure i am the 1st person in line at 1PM EST to be sure you get a PIN.

We just cant call it a pre-order, and cant take money before the 24th.

Be srue you talk to the store manager, and again, if you get something other than what i said, call another store.

Alxvasqz12

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Texas
NO WHite iPHONE!

no white iphone preorder at radioshack! i just called my local radio shack and they said they are only preordering black ones. i think apple is the only one :eek:

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
bibbz,

Phew!

You are doing all of us a great service here with this information.

The salesman just called me from the store I was in today.

He is telling me that there is no guarantee of the iPhone even
if you get the pin -- but he admitted he was not certain. All he
knew was that there was something like 9500 pins nationwide.

Told him that I had just read your message and that you were
saying if I got a PIN I have a guarantee of a phone.

He warned me that Radio Shack does not want the word
"guarantee" used.

I am putting a lot of faith in what you are saying here.
I will be at my Radio Shack store early tomorrow.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
bibbz,

Phew!

You are doing all of us a great service here with this information.

The salesman just called me from the store I was in today.

He is telling me that there is no guarantee of the iPhone even
if you get the pin -- but he admitted he was not certain. All he
knew was that there was something like 9500 pins nationwide.

Told him that I had just read your message and that you were
saying if I got a PIN I have a guarantee of a phone.

He warned me that Radio Shack does not want the word
"guarantee" used.

I am putting a lot of faith in what you are saying here.
I will be at my Radio Shack store early tomorrow.

What?!

No white phone?

Can you verify bibbz?
The info i stated is directly from my DM.

We havent been told no white ones. I even asked specifically on the call, and no one had heard that.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
My RS Manager Knows Nothing Abiut PIN Numbers

If you get a reservation pin, you will have a phone on launch day, bottom line. No pin, no guarantee of a phone. With the pin, you can pick it up when you want. At opening or 8pm at night. I would make damn sure i am the 1st person in line at 1PM EST to be sure you get a PIN.

We just cant call it a pre-order, and cant take money before the 24th.

Be srue you talk to the store manager, and again, if you get something other than what i said, call another store.
My Radio Shack Manager knows nothing about PIN numbers and is opening at normal 9AM tomorrow. Says he still doesn't know exactly how the pre-orders will be conducted. Hasn't heard from corporate yet. Still in the dark he says. :confused:

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
You know what?

Third friggin' RS store I have called and ALL
say that even if you get a PIN tomorrow it is
no guarantee of a phone.

I think I am going to order directly from Apple.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
My Radio Shack Manager knows nothing about PIN numbers and is opening at normal 9AM tomorrow. Says he still doesn't know exactly how the pre-orders will be conducted. Hasn't heard from corporate yet. Still in the dark he says. :confused:
Incredible.

The company call was at 3:30pm cst, then my DM held a call with us at 5pm cst. No reason he shouldn't have the info.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
20k Must Be Just For Your District

We havent been told no white ones. I even asked specifically on the call, and no one had heard that.

Rumor has it, 20k phones. We haven't got an official number, but i've heard 20k mentioned from a few different higher ups.
That number has got to be just for your district. No way is that a national number. If I can't get a white one that leaves me out. I want a white 32.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I hate Radio Shack.

Salesman have their heads up their butts
or corporate does not know what to tell them.

The 4th store I called said if you have a PIN
you are guaranteed a phone.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I hate Radio Shack.

Salesman have their heads up their butts
or corporate does not know what to tell them.

The 4th store I called said if you have a PIN
you are guaranteed a phone.
I understand your frustration, but apple kept us all in the dark until the very last minute. Before 3:30 no body knew anything. It will take it a little while to roll down hill.
I think we all know how secretive apple is don't we?

I just manage a store in the best region in the company. We have a very effective chain of command here in E. Texas.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
West Coast Corporate Store Managers Know Nothing

I understand your frustration, but apple kept us all in the dark until the very last minute. Before 3:30 no body knew anything. It will take it a little while to roll down hill.
I think we all know how secretive apple is don't we?

I just manage a store in the best region in the company. We have a very effective chain of command here in E. Texas.
I called all 3 corporate stores in my county and none of the managers knew about the conference call and none of them know how they're going to handle pre-orders tomorrow morning. They ASSUME it will be the way they pre-sold Evo phones which was with a $50 deposit. But they don't know anything about PIN numbers or anything else the East Texas administration or national is telling you. One manager reported there's a pre-opening conference call scheduled for California stores tomorrow morning. The other 2 didn't even report that to me. But just called my closest store and the manager says the 8:30 conference call tomorrow morning is a weekly event and nothing special for the pre-order instructions. :confused:

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
The situation gets worse for Radio Shack....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/how-to-pre-order-the-iphone-4/

Update 2: We've been tipped that Apple may now be blocking third-party retailers from taking pre-orders altogether tomorrow. RadioShack already changed its story on us, and now Best Buy locations have started doing the same, telling us that they definitely won't be taking pre-orders tomorrow but may be by the end of the week. Bottom line -- hit up Apple's website in the morning.

Azdel

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2007
Dover, DE
I just got off the phone with my local RadioShack. I was told that the PIN would not guarantee you a phone on launch day, but that the chances of getting one are VERY VERY good. I know the manager very well, and trust that whoever told him said the same thing. I'm assuming the calls were done on a regional, if not district level, as opposed to company wide to give people a chance to ask questions, so it seems that most likely personal interpretations came into play, causing the original message, whatever it may have been to get screwed up.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Why on earth would Radio Shack ask anyone
to stand on line tomorrow to get a PIN just
to stand on line again opening day to get a phone
for which you are not guaranteed for?

What kind of crap is that?

The problem is, each store has a different
opinion on the reservation policy.

I think I am going to order directly from Apple.

Problem is, I have a $247 credit from Radio
Shack and I don't even shop at their stores
anymore.

sampdoria

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010

Rumor has it, 20k phones. We haven't got an official number, but i've heard 20k mentioned from a few different higher ups.

Let's see, 20k iphones for the entire country, you have better odds at getting a pair of U2 concert tickets!

Oh well, I guess I'm going with Apple...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.