Radioshack Wait List?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bravens52, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bravens52 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

For you guys who are on the radio shack wait list/pre order I am number 10 on the list at my nearest store for a 16 GB 4G what are my chances of getting it on launch day. Do you think radioshack will get that many iphones

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

It would be pretty goddamn sad indeed if they got no more than 10 phones. You'll get your phone.

3. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I have like zero confidence in Radio Shack getting any iPhones on launch day. I was in the store on 6/15 at about quarter to one to sell my 3GS and reserve a ip4. By the time the clerk and manager finished processing my trade in, they said the request for PIN was rejected. That was at 1:13. They said, "that's it, they're all gone, sorry". They put my name down on a handwritten list that had 2 other names on it; they even said they'd bump me to the top of the list. I plan to call them on wednesday and ask how many phones they expect to get in on Thursday. I'm sure they will"have no information" and honestly, I don't think it's their fault. They were added to the exclusive list of retailers that were supposed to have the ip4 on launch day. But I think it was just a publicity stunt. Each store will probably get one or two.

I would prefer to get it at radio shack because I am the proud owner of a $247 gift card from them from trading in my 3G. I went ahead and reserved one from the apple store and plan to go the night before. I'll call radio shack from the line at apple store. If they say they have a phone for me, I'll get out of line and go get it, but I'm definitely not counting on it.

4. twitchtwice macrumors member

they may not be getting them on launch. it may only be att

5. jtgreen86 macrumors member

I'm #12 on the list at the store closest to me. There are 2 or 3 people higher than me requesting white phones and the manager told me a few were just using RS as a back up. He said that they only got 3 phones for sure but will probably get more (if they get any at all now) and any extras they get will go to the list and not anyone who walks in. Hopefully they'll get more than 10 in this store as well. One girl tried to get me to buy an HTC Aria instead since they already had a bunch in the back, I quickly said "no thanks"