Radium not signing into SiriusXM

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furcalchick, Nov 14, 2017.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

Since Sunday (that's two days ago as of this post), Radium (running 2.8.5) has refused to verify and let me access the SiriusXM stations. This has happened a few times in the past, but it's only been a few hours at worst. The SiriusXM internet subscription is still good when I'm on Safari, so it's active. I'm wondering a few things here though.

1. Has SiriusXM closed up their spot for third party apps and/or have others experienced problems accessing SiriusXM stations on Radium or any other apps?

2. Are there other apps out there that I can use (besides their official app) to access SiriusXM stations?

3. Anything else I should do?

Thank you.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

I was having problems with Radium accessing Sirius yesterday, but I was also having some oddities just using a browser to access Sirius streaming. Today, Radium is working fine.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

What version are you running? I can't run version 3 at the moment because of my software, and I don't want to upgrade due to my current hard drive situation.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

I'm using 3.1.3. Maybe that's your problem.

5. furcalchick, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017

furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

Tried also on the Radium iOS app, and it's a no go. I wonder if it's a problem with my account and I'll have to go to SXM themselves. But it's still working via browser...should I try the official app and see what happens?

Update, I realized that my Wi-Fi has been sporadic at best before going down entirely. Could this affect connecting issues? However, using tethering doesn't fix the issue either.

6. big610 macrumors newbie

Radium 3.1.3 Current Version. Release Update August 23 2015.
    Subscription is an original Lifetime.

I also can't run Sirius, began 11/12/17. Lost all saved Sirius Stations.
    Find More Stations, still lists SiriusXM Radio, clicking on it reveals No stations found,
    Request a station, or try a different search or suggestion below, links to Mail,
    support@catpigstudios.com.
    I have sent an email, and invited support to this thread, will post if I get a reply.

High Sierra 10.13.1
    Radium froze the name of commercial content up on the menu bar displaying with Sirius commercials breaks, had to quit & restart.

Browsers for Sirius on Mac. If your running ad blockers.
    Will say Technical Difficulties on Chrome. Will show nothing on Mozilla.
    Disable to run and your able to operate.

Best & only Sirius App for Mac.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

I’ve tested it just now on my home computer after listening all day at work. It’s still working here at home. Both the work and home computers are on 10.13.1.
    I did realize that the Sirius username seems to be case sensitive. Maybe signing out and back in would restore operation for you.
    The app does seem to have problems with showing track names in the menu bar.

8. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

Looks like your issues started the same day mines did. I wonder if it's something that's in the coding for all versions of Radium and/or a SXM issue that's affecting multiple accounts. Restarting and reinstalling doesn't work either. I sent the developers an email two days ago, no response yet.

The browsers still play SXM content for me, so the ad blocking shouldn't be an issue.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:18 AM ---
    You think I should sign out on Radium or on the SXM browser or both? How do I sign out on Radium? And the iOS app doesn't work either.

9. chrfr macrumors 603

Just in Radium. Try re-entering your credentials. I just checked Radium on the iPhone although I normally use the Sirius app there, and Radium works fine for me there too.

10. furcalchick, Nov 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 5:13 PM

furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

Hmm, that's strange. I'll see whenever the WiFi returns, since it could be linked to that (but I doubt it).

Update: Tried deleting it and logging back in, still nothing on the desktop. However, it's finally showing up on the iOS Radium app. Maybe it's an extended glitch on SXM's end...

11. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

And it stopped showing up on the iOS app. Using WiFi doesn't help either. This might be a SXM problem, since even the browser is having issues right now...but we'll see.