Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sydryx

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
I've followed this saga for a long while, and was sad that Radium had stopped streaming Sirius XM channels.

On a lark, today I tried again today, after creating a new Sirius XM streaming account. And here's some great news: it's working fine! I was able to log in, I was able to search for channels, and I was able to select and play any channel. It's working right now on my 2015 MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14 Mojave. I'm streaming Sirius XM channels via Radium 3.1.3. I didn't have to apply any hacks or tweaks. It's just working. So y'all may want to try it again...

Also working for me! Not sure what's going on, but certainly not going to complain.

Edit: Have noticed that it freezes after selecting a station, and takes ~80% of CPU resources as per activity monitor. The music keeps playing fine though.

Jet1945

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
Winchester, KY
More info that may lead to possible solutions.

The last few days Sirius has been "un-encrypting" the various feeds. Radium has been working in all aspects during this time. Sirius stopped the "free" service today (not sure exact time) and Radium has also stopped working.

Based on that single data point - I am guessing that previously Radium had some method that after you enabled (logged in) your Sirius account it would "decode" something and provide the service.

So - when Sirius is "free" - that decoding by Radium is no longer required and I am not sure if the enabling (logging in) is required either ... and Radium works.

Caution - supposition based on a single data point. Will try again whenever Sirius is "free" again.

big610

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for the end to the mystery. Radium freezes with Mojave & High Sierra. Sierra & below is fine, occasionally Sirius would re-appear. Web site has the download. Likely got kicked out of the App Store, taking money for a version not working, refusal to provide a new version.

http://catpigstudios.com/

I looked at the code from the SiriusXM website out of the browser. Wanted to separately, run it thru the browser, won't play, can't produce to run, if it would run, I could write into a blank text, make it a file, to play in VLC.

It's a XHR request, with long #'s, which is the code for paid service, even though I'm paid, can't get it to run. Appears to keep changing requests.

Last edited:

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
Awkward update two years later...I updated to 10.14 and got the latest version of radium, and shock, it actually works. I guess SiriusXM got unbroke and now plays it just fine. However, turns out it was a free trial (and the app doesn't tell me this or give me an option to use my license from version 2) and just locked me out since it expired.

Now I have another issue. Should I buy Radium? I'm about to upgrade to 10.15 and everyone says that radium crashes and will not work, so I'll be throwing $10 down the drain since it hasn't been updated in years. Does anyone know of any alternatives or hacks or anything to help me with this choice? Or better, get a SiriusXM app for MacOS. Thank you.
[automerge]1572881636[/automerge]
The Radium app got removed from the Mac App Store.

I checked today and the Radium app is still in the MacOS and iOS store.

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Awkward update two years later...I updated to 10.14 and got the latest version of radium, and shock, it actually works. I guess SiriusXM got unbroke and now plays it just fine.
Interesting, it works on Sirius for me too.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Or better, get a SiriusXM app for MacOS.

In the meantime, consider using an app like Fluid, Coherence, Unite or Flotato and turn the SiriusXM.com website into a Mac app yourself.

Last edited:

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Is anyone using Fluid for a SiriusXM Mac App? I can setup it up, login, and browse the channels but once I press play at the bottom of the page it does not play the audio. Has anyone been able to successfully play SiriusXM Audio with Fluid?

big610

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2016
Free Download for Flotato, site is vague what is what, between Free & Pro. I have not had time to test it. Let us know.

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Free Download for Flotato, site is vague what is what, between Free & Pro. I have not had time to test it. Let us know.
No luck with Flotato, same issue with "play" button not working at the bottom like Fluid. Will give StarPlayrX a try

big610

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for testing Flotato, and confirming the behavior runs, won't play SiriusXM, like Fluid.

I can confirm my Licensed Coherence does play SirusXM.
The problems, with the current Coherence X Version 3's when you close Google Chrome, it closes your custom made App. I found Coherence Pro Version 2 only runs on Mojave, The old apps I created with Version 2's on Mojave, stay open and run on Catalina. I contacted the dev, he did not fix last time I checked. I became tired of his constant Coherence updates, where I had to build a new app each time to test.

I installed macOS StarPlayrX 1.1.5 (48), entered my subscription details, have it running without Xcode.
https://starplayrx.com/

Xcode here:
(Is a huge download)
Have not found link to the CameoKit framework.

Last edited:

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Don't worry if you're on Catalina!

Try StarPlayrX from Todd Bruss.

The source is even available!
I can confirm the StarPlayrX application from Todd Bruss works with MacOS Big Sur 11.1 with Airplay 2 to HomePods! Awesome! (Created separate thread specific to StarPlayrX so its not buried in the Radium thread from years ago.)

Last edited:

blikum

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2006
Thanks for the heads up on StarPlayrX, works great on Catalina. Still would prefer a menu bar app, but this does the job. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.