RAID 0 Problem.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by technowar, Jul 8, 2011.

1. technowar macrumors 6502

Good day.

I have a 2010 Mac Mini, installed with Snow Leopard Server and configured my HDD with RAID 0. The problem now is, I can't offline my RAID and can't delete my HDDs from the setting.

When I select the RAID tab, with the Striped RAID Set, and 2 of my RAID Slice, I can't select the '-' button. Whenever I also click Delete, I get a 'Deleting RAID set failed' error. Also whenever I erase the individual HDDs or remove the it from the partition, I also get a 'Partition failed. POSIX reports: The operation couldn't be completed. Resource busy' error.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks.

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Presumably your RAID-0 set is your boot device? You'll need to boot from DVD in order to destroy the system volume.

A.

3. technowar thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, RAID 0 is my boot device. I was booting from my Snow Leopard Server DVD when I encountered the problems.

4. technowar thread starter macrumors 6502

5. philipma1957, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

get a blank external hdd big enough to fit all the info on the internal raid. then install osx to the external hdd. then boot with the external hdd. once you have a booting external hdd let us know and I will tell you what to do with the internal hdd.

I realized you had a snow leopard server dvd. how did you make the raid0 with the dvd?

6. technowar thread starter macrumors 6502

I made the RAID0 when I installed my Snow Leopard Server.

Does these external HDD you are talking about needs to have firewire because I don't have the cable firewire cable.

7. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

not sure how to fix the problem due to your use of server software. you have a key like microsoft/windows. Bring it into apple store ask a genius.