Random lines on keyboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rendez2k, Sep 22, 2012.

1. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Since getting my iPhone 5 yesterday I've twice seen the keyboard show some strange, corruption like random lines. Has anyone else observed this? Could just be an io6 bug I guess?

2. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

Yep I have, white horizontal flickering lines, saw them most when putting my password into iTunes app, looks Wierd don't it

3. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

It happened to me for a quarter of a second yesterday. Hasn't happened since.

4. krisr macrumors newbie

5. rendez2k thread starter macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Well relieved to know its not just mine. Also, has anyone got any issues with the responsiveness of the top right/0 key? I find myself having to hit it twice frequently.

6. jakeruston macrumors regular

Definitely having this problem too, seen it about 3 times already. All 3 times were when I was signing in with my Apple ID.

7. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

Same here

8. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

9. rivryan macrumors member

10. Joannelimsh macrumors newbie

Joannelimsh

I jus got my iphone 5, not only battery draining fast after setting all my possible battery draining app off, when i was entering my password in itune, i encountered what u had once jus now. I was so horrified and stared at it quite awhile, it was white running/flickering horizontal lines at the keyboard. So i tried to snapshot to show u all but the picture didnt able to capture it at all. I guess its software problem as it couldnt show in picture. Or problem with the internal part of phone? The line was jus flickering on surface ? Urgh! Why like that!! I hope its ios problem because its hassle to change and etc.

11. wpc macrumors regular

Happened to me too when entering my password in the App Store. Only happened once so far. Somewhat relieved not just me. Is it a software or hardware issue?

12. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

13. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I saw it too, same time, while putting in my apple I'd password.

14. bigdaddyjo macrumors member

I saw this today too, made me remember I saw a posting on it. Like others have said,I have only seen it when entering apple account password. Pretty sure it's not hardware, have not seen it in sending many texts/emails in last two days.

15. iRabbit macrumors 6502

Witnessed it today myself as well... while putting in password in App Store. It seems like some software glitch??

16. dave420 macrumors 65816

Same here, but otherwise happy with the phone. I am a little glad to hear other people are having the same issue.

17. wpc macrumors regular

Happened to me again when entering password in the iTunes Store. Tried to take a screenshot but as soon as I did, it stopped. Screenshot didn't capture it.

18. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Count me in! I noticed it once and wasn't sure what it was. Hasn't happened since yesterday.

19. MacJones macrumors 6502

I've seen it in the App Store twice when typing in my password but not anywhere else.

20. blacksurfer macrumors regular

I notice it also. Software fix coming hopefully.

21. bassrocker204 macrumors member

this is easily narrowed down to a software issue, its only happening when the user is prompted to input their Apple ID password in either the App Store or iTunes, verily enough there will be an fix in an update within what I can only assume is a few weeks tops

22. Joannelimsh macrumors newbie

Joannelimsh

Means ios6 problem? I wonder did the same thing happen on iphone 4/4s ios6. Im currently using iphone 5 with ios6 and had this problem. If anyone using iphone 4/4s encounter same issue, likely will be software problem.

23. ccwestcliff macrumors member

Happened once to me as well, while entering a password. Would think it is a software issue as well. (Keeps his fingers crossed until confirmed)

24. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

Yes me too! Is it hardware or software issue?

25. KandyKane macrumors 6502

This happens to me when I change to the number keyboard on the Apple ID prompt. If I change to the letter keyboard and password back to the number keyboard it goes away. I took a video with my bfs iPhone of the flashing lines on the keys but it shows my log in..,