Random loss of Internet after 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UserLain, Sep 19, 2009.

1. UserLain macrumors newbie

Resently updated to 3.1 and now my iPhone will lose it's Internet conection and I can update my email or any othe app that uses Internet untill I reset my network conection. Is anyone else having this problem? I have also restored my iPhone as new and taken it to apple and recieved a new phone, but I still have the same problem.

Also it's a 32GB 3gs if that helps

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then I believe it's a SIM card issue. Try going to AT&T and getting it replaced.

3. UserLain thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, so I took my phone to AT&t and got a new sim card and it is still doing it. Now I have a new phone and a new sim card. What could be causing the problem? I'm about to do another restore to see if I get lucky. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated :)

4. UserLain thread starter macrumors newbie

Please someone help. I have another genius bar appointment for Friday, but I'm not to confident seeing as they weren't able to fix the problem when I went up there last time.

5. bluechipBMW macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. I haven't had the my phone or sim card replaced. I was thinking about restoring it but knowing that you did and it didn't solve the problem so I wont bother wasting my time. There are many times through out the day this happens and I end up going to my network by disabling 3G and then enabling it again or powering down. After doing that I notice the internet does work again but not for long.

6. omerbaker macrumors member

If it's only happening on your home wifi network then I would say it's the wifi network/3.1 connection. If the phone the phone and sim have both been changed then maybe try going back to 3.0 and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't then maybe it's the way your iPhone with 3.1 interacts with your network (router, ISP, etc.).

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

At this point, I am totally out of ideas. Maybe try it out at Apple see what they say again?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, it's not the phone or the sim card, IMO. Having lived in the DFW area, and know what happens to the signal east of Dallas, he may just have a tower issue. You never asked him about wifi. So, if he's losing the signal for 3G and EDGE, that's just because of where he lives, especially if he's east of Mesquite.

9. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

no i'm having the same thing in areas i know there is good 3g signal.
    since 3.1 i have to rechose my carrier almost daily to get online

10. L3X macrumors 6502a

I'm having the same issues. I updated to 3.1 about a week ago and since then I continually have to re-select my wifi connections that should be saved, like my home wifi and my school wifi.

I'm going to try to go back to 3.0.