Random music in car it's driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by rucanunes, Mar 6, 2017.

1. rucanunes macrumors newbie

Hello,

When I connect my iPhone 7 with ios 10 to my car Bluetooth, it starts to play music randomly. Why is this happening?

I want it to star playing a playlist or at least the last music I eard.

Any ideas please??
    --- Post Merged, Mar 6, 2017 ---
    Plus... It happens the same with my Bluetooth headphones.

2. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

This had happened to me with the Music app. Thank the Apple gods that we can delete apps now and I don't have to deal with that.

3. rucanunes thread starter macrumors newbie

That's ok, but can we fix this without replacing the original app?

By the way, what app are you using?

4. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

I just use Spotify.

5. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

This happens to my wife all the time when we get in the car (her phone is linked to the car's bluetooth). thejasonhowell is right - it's the default Apple music app. We use Google Music instead.

6. rucanunes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sure there must be a turnaround for this, no?

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

If so we haven't figured it out yet. Even if I borrow the wife's car to go to the grocery store, music starts playing even though her phone is in the house. lol.

8. Lappen71 macrumors regular

Lappen71

The problem is the car stereo in your cars.

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

This is correct. The system in your car or other device is set up to start playing when the device is connected.

Try to see if this is configurable in the car's audio system.

I have experienced this in rental cars. The system would start playing the very first song title, alphabetically, in the Music app. What I did is create a "song" of a few minutes of silence and named it "AAAA Silence" and once that starts playing I have a few minutes to either stop it or play something else.

10. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

I agree with the posters above - this is related to the radio system in the car. My wife's 2012 VW GTI does something similar but usually it just automatically starts playing the current playlist (silently in the background if the input is set to the radio or cd). However, if the music app has been quit or nothing played previously then it will just start shuffling through the music library (if I recall correctly in iOS 9 and before it would default to the first track in the library sorted alphabetically in this situation).

11. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I work for an automaker and the engineers say it is definitely an issue on the Apple side of things.

12. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

According to this thread at Apple Discussions VW has implemented a fix for this "Apple issue" in the past. Perhaps some of the suppliers of Bluetooth devices for other automakers can push a similar fix for iPhones via the automaker in the here and now for current iOS versions.

13. dmweinst macrumors newbie

This is definitely not an issue with the car. I got a new 2017 Chevy Volt with CarPlay back in the fall. My iPhone worked flawlessly with the infotainment system until iOS Beta 5 or 6. Same with my wife's 2014 Subaru Outback w/o CarPlay. I was able to switch between audio apps on the phone and the car radio stations with no issues. Since then, if I select a radio station on my infotainment system, after a minute or two, the most recently used audio app on the phone (e.g. pandora, music) "hijacks" the infotainment system and starts playing. If i switch back to radio it happens a couple more times and then stops. It even seems to relaunch the audio app if i quit it. I have logged feedback in the Apple Beta system. Hopefully they will fix this.

14. mrochester macrumors 65816

I have the same behaviour in my Toyota. None of my other Bluetooth speakers auto play when connected, it's just the car. So I would suggest it's the car that's the issue.

15. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

It happens in my BMW and Lexus. And a friend who owns a Merc complains about it too. Hard to believe the problem is with the cars when so many makes have the issue and none of my friends that use Android with similar makes have this issue.