Random restarts

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wizzywig27, Oct 5, 2014.

1. wizzywig27 macrumors 6502

Hi all

Have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2 and phone is randomly restarting. Went back to it the other day and asked me to enter PIN after phone restarts, didn't think much of it, then when using it, just restarted, screen will go a blue colour (sometimes blue/black) and then restart, sometimes it will boot back up, others just stay switched off.

Guessing I am going to have to reinstall iOS but not really happy as if there is something wrong with an app I've downloaded the same will happen!

2. wizzywig27 thread starter macrumors 6502

To add to this, it may be also worth pointing out that if anyone texts me or calls, and I do t read it, when the reboot happens I lose the unread texts

3. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

had this happen on my g/fs old 5s, we tried everything Apple requested
    -reset settings
    -restore phone
    -restore from new

hate to say this but the only thing that fixed it was a new phone

4. kingdom23 macrumors regular

I had loads of random restarts when in ios 7.0.2. Eventually Apple acknowledged it was a bug which was fixed in a subsequent update and it never occurred again.

5. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Random restarts were a known issue in the early versions of iOS 7. Apple largely fixed it when 7.0.4 came out. Look up "white screen of death."

I've seen sporadic reports of random resets occurring with the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but nothing like the widespread crashes and resets that accompanied iOS 7 and affected iOS devices across the board.

6. dfran1 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I posted

here

but in the end, even after a phone swap (that did not fix my issue) I reloaded as a new iPhone, and so far absolutely no reboots. I will post more findings in that thread.