Random terrible battery days

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by I am Sampson, Sep 9, 2015.

1. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Anyone have bad battery days?

My battery is nearly always fantastic, end of a full day it is "never" below 40% and normally closer to 50-60%.
    "Never" except a total of 5 random days since release when for absolutely no apparent reason it has died completely half way through the day.

Had another day like it today, absolutely know it was 100% start of day and nothing different about usage at all today, yet it was off by 3pm.

Anyone else had this?

2. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I do experience wild fluctuations in battery life, but mine has never died in less than a day. I typically get two days on a charge. When I take it off at the end of the day, I put it in power reserve mode for the night. Otherwise, it'll chew through 15% in the dark hours.

3. brandnew2 macrumors member

4. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I've never had that happen to my watch but it has happened to my iPhone even before I got the watch. I have the 6Plus. Is there something running or going on between the watch and the phone that you may not have been aware of?

5. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

I notice my watch has drained faster than usual today. I didn't workout today so it should have less battery drain than normal.

It's almost 9:30 pm as I write this and I have 24% remaining where I normally have 45% by now.

Just thinking out loud, but is it possible that the watch does some kind of battery conditioning routine occasionally?

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Once so far. It was at 10% by 6PM for some reason I never discovered.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Crazy, I did find for the first time ever my watch had to go into reserve mode when I hadn't worn it all day long. But I had used it for turn-by--turn navigation. Last time I did that it did not drain the battery but I had rebooted the watch after finishing turn-by-turn. Yesterday I didn't. Do the apps continue to run in the background when we return to the clock face? If so, how do you find and turn them off?

8. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

i was under 10% only once since i got it in may. I figured I had just forgotten to charge it the night before or seated the magnet incorrectly. hahaha. a true apple customer, i just assumed it was user error. ;b

9. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

I think it would be worth posting which size you have - my 38mm has no more than 30% almost every day, worst being 7%. Occasionally I've had to give it a quick ten minutes charge to see it through to bed time. Typically it's on for 16-17 hours, 30 mins workout (adding a BT HR strap has helped here), I do have a number of third party glances and use them a fair bit though...

10. I am Sampson thread starter macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Sorry, thought it was in my signature. Mines a 42mm SS.
    As I say, most of the time it ends the days with loads and loads of life left, far more than I'd expect. On these bad days it is obscenely bad, getting to 0% in early afternoon.

11. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

Ah sorry - you probably have, sat in tapatalk on the iPad, I don't see the signatures. Does a reboot help?

12. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

My battery drains a lot faster every time I'm away from my phone for a while (in the yard etc.).... I think it comes from the watch constantly searching for the phone.

13. arubinst macrumors 6502

It happened to me today for the first time.

I usually go to bead at midnight with 40-60% battery left. Today, the watch died on me at 2.30 pm. I did nothing out of the ordinary...

14. gobluejd macrumors member

gobluejd

Started for me yesterday. Was dead in 5 hrs. Today it went until about 5 mins ago (6 hrs). Have done nothing different and no new apps. I am on the GM.

15. Neo1975 macrumors regular

My battery has been excellent recently. However today lost 40% in the first 4 hours. Lost 4% in as many minutes. Hardly any notifications and no real explanation. Weird.

16. gobluejd macrumors member

gobluejd

Reset watch and all is fine. At 70% where as a few days I was completely dead.