Rant about "Jailbreakers"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacUserMichael, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MacUserMichael macrumors newbie

MacUserMichael

Why do people do this? Not only does it mess up your iPhone if you do it wrong but can get you in serious Illegal Claims. So what I'm wondering is why risk going to jail and lose your warranty? Apple REALLY need's to post Copyright Claims against Cydia as this is how most people do it. Or Apple could step up security and put a Handmade Trojan that it detects Cydia and destroys the iPhone permanently but the FBI/Apple will be knocking at there door.

Who think's Apple should do something about the use of Cydia and Jailbreaking?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

There is nothing inherently illegal about jailbreaking.

Using cracked/pirated apps, however, is a copyright violation.

They are entirely different things.

3. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

You can't go to jail for jail breaking your device. Apple has no copyright claims against Cydia because they haven't violated apple's copyrights. (Do you even know what copyrights are?)

Apple tried and failed. They aren't going to resort to a windows 95-esque style of screwing over modders. (Remember the fake error messages in windows 95 when quicktime was installed?)

This is apple, not sony. Get over it.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Jailbreaking does not mean illegal downloading.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If anything goes wrong you can simply do a DFU restore. Problem solved. Very rarely is any permanent damage done.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

To expand the usability of our devices.
    Illegal Claims? It doesn't mess up one's phone when done correctly.
    A restore in iTunes will restore the warranty.
    Cydia isn't breaking any of Apple's copyrights.
    What would the purpose of this be? It would generate so much negitive publicity that it would destroy Apple. The FBI doesn't care if a device it jailbroken. In fact, the US government explicitly states that jailbreaking is legal.
    Apple won't kill jailbreaking yet. It's been the source of too many of their "innovations". To kill of now would be kill any future ideas they could take and call their own.

Do more research next time before blatantly spouting things that you don't seem to know much about.

7. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

The OP hasn't responded. I'm pretty sure he has been shamed into oblivion.

8. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

Why do you even care about what everyone else does with their phones? :rolleyes:

9. saud0488 macrumors 6502

Cydia is the Asian massage parlor of the iPhone world.

10. labman, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012

labman macrumors 604

labman

you don't know what you are talking about. jailbreaking is not Illeagal per court order. I have exchanged at least 3 phones that were jailbroken. it doesn't distroy your phone restore to stock and your as good as new. I have never gotten a Trojan. FBI is not coming to my door. cydia does not detrpy anything it allows you access to 3 part apps gives you a choice. you don't know what your talking about. Also Apple has borrowed many things from the jailbreak community. we had multitasking long before apple implemented it. along with notification better sms functions the list goes on.. I will jailbreak as long as I can. Oh and for the record I don't steel I pay for my Apple apps and my cydia apps.. :D

11. tomtom2234 macrumors member

12. BrokeTechLover macrumors regular

Dude you sound like my mother-__-

1). There has been VERY few cases where the phone has been permanently damaged

2). If you knew anything about jailbreaking yourself,you'd know it's perfectly legal now

3). Apple knows better than to mess with jail breakers because not only is it a reason why some people even BUY the iPhone & iPod,but to say I cant do what I want with the phone I bought is just stupid,& would incite an Apple revolt.

What possessed you to even post this thread???

13. OceanView macrumors 65816

You should be more concerned about people texting and driving.
    That is more important than a few people jailbreaking a phone which is completely legal.

14. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Ahhh yeah, happy endings!!! Lololol!

But yeah, jail breaking completely worth it and 100% legal. Get yo facts straight

15. saud0488 macrumors 6502

So are the massage parlors. Get "yo" comprehension on analogies straight.

I've jailbroken every device and find that it's hardly worth it. My biggest gripe is battery life. Every jailbreak seems to kill battery life and causes bugs that I don't care to deal with.

16. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Without jailbreaking, imo the iPhone wouldnt be worth having. They own the phone and should be able to do what they want. Dont know why you care anyways there isnt any copywrite violation going on.

17. Mark0824 macrumors newbie

18. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Because some people might be using their phones to beat someone to death. Apple should do something about that too.

19. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I don't know why but that was pretty funny!

20. Sensamic macrumors 68030

This guy is just trying to start a fire for fun.

I would recommend everyone not to play along his game and just not brother to answer.

I just hope this thread doesnt go past 2 pages or this guy will win.

21. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Jailbreaking is what actually allow us iOS users to be as open as android. Also ive been jailbreaking since the 3g no damage to any of my 4 iphones, 4s included.

22. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Apple can only guarantee a certain experience with their products under certain conditions. They are just trying to preserve that.

23. WindWaker macrumors regular

Ummmm you do realize jailbreaking was legalized by Congress, right? Furthermore Cydia does not infringe upon any of Apple's policies, as it is, in a sense, its own entity. It is a legal business.

Furthermore, the idea that Apple would enlist the FBI SPECIFICALLY to locate phones doing nothing illegal is a bit naive and puerile of you to say, at the least.

Please don't wrongly attack something like this without even taking time to do a little research on your own.

24. applemagic123 macrumors regular

applemagic123

Dude...get a life! First of all, jailbreaking doesn't mess up your phone. Some packages that can be installed may make your phone glitchy but there's always the option of uninstalling it or restoring the phone. As far as warrenty...this is the oldest trick on the book: restore your device if you need a hardware repair, then apple will NEVER know you jailbroke it. Oh and by the way, it would be WAY more ILLEGAL if apple made "trojans" than it EVER would be for me to jailbreak my device.

Dude...seriously! Who do you think you are??????? You failed BIG TIME!!

25. LosAltosHills macrumors newbie

LosAltosHills

I agree that this guy is just trollin for responses. messing with your phone that has been jailbroken can be fun and also breaks up the fatigue of the stock UI. Recently tho Jb has actually saved me a trip to Apple. The home button 80% of the time wont work, a quick look in Cydia and I was able to solve it.

Its other use for me is to try apps out before I buy them. Which is a feature that I have on my WindowsPhone that is really nice. I think Apple will eventually add that feature.