(RANT) Frustration at new watches and bands!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ryantbfh, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ryantbfh macrumors member

Hey. First off, I'm annoyed that Apple released a gold sports watch as I would have waited for it instead of buying my watch release day. It's always bugged me that my mac and iPhone colour match buy not my watch.

Secondly, I called my local store today to ask if they had the new bands in stock (red particularly) and I was told they had plenty and hadn't sold any all morning. I went but was told the lady on the phone told me wrong. They have NONE!

I'm really starting to dislike apple.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Apple should never release new stuff. That way no one gets mad.

/s (in case you couldn't tell)

3. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

+1. Just gives me an excuse to have two now;)

4. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Seriously? You're annoyed that Apple introduced new colors and bands after 5 months?! Glad you weren't around when they dropped the price of the original iPhone by $200 after only a couple months.

And you're really going to hold it against an entire multi-national corporation because one employee was misinformed about brand new information that was literally hours old at the most? You realize that they have lots of things to do and can't always be on top of every single detail right away right?

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I want the pink watch. I will probably just buy it and alternate it out with my stainless steel, no different than before with my regular watches.

Either just buy a second or sell the previous one here or on Swappa.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That should've been your first clue to trigger your BS detector.

7. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I'm still laughing about that..... Welcome to technology, 2015

8. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Well, I'm sympathetic to the OP, even if none of the rest of you are. I was annoyed they brought out the Gold Sports with Midnight Blue strap. Had that been in the original line-up I certainly would have bought it and not the SS, thereby saving a wodge of cash.

9. APPLfanCA macrumors regular

Dude....Resell it and get the new model. It is really not that hard. I sold mine for ALMOST what I paid for it this morning, deposited the money, and bought the new gold. ;)

10. MaulRx Suspended

Man if these are the only problems you have consider yourself a lucky guy.

11. nicho macrumors 68000

had they released the space black with sports band originally i'd probably have got that instead of my sports watch. so i'd probably have spent more. so many what ifs.

then again... i'd never have got my milanese loop, and therefore wouldn't be wishing I'd gone stainless steel in the first place and looking to waste money on an upgrade. so maybe this has got me spending more.

i agree... stop releasing stuff people want, apple.

12. nicho macrumors 68000

could she have got confused and thought you meant the new watches bundled with the new bands?

13. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

Im with the OP and I will say that for me my reasoning is completely irrational. I just hate that I have a gold MacBook, gold iPhone, gold wedding band and a silver watch...

SO, I just bought a new wedding band to match my watch, not going to give apple my money this go around.

[​IMG]
    img

14. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

You could have bought a gold watch........;) only 10k

15. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

What a ridiculous answer.

Let's shut the whole forum down then. Nothing on any forum on this website matters so long as there's a refugee crisis in Europe; poverty, famine and disease in Africa; and the ever-present threat of global terrorism.

Hell, let's all sell our Apple products -- do we really need them, really? -- and send all the cash to charities.

Happy now?

16. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Agree ^^

I've been waiting for my local Apple Stores to get stock on the new 42 XL black sports band - but want to try it on 1st for size. This band was announced weeks ago, but none in the stores. Well, on Wednesday evening, I checked the Apple Store and it showed "available today" at my local store.

After driving over to the store, they have no stock - it is a glitch in the online stock system.

Was I disappointed - yes ! Will I rant over it - no !

17. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

If this is your reaction to the OP I would highly suggest you stay out of the pre-order subthreads over the next couple weeks.

Get real.

18. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Talk about an overreaction to a sentiment that I generally agree with. Honestly, I would like to see half the treads on this site closed. I would much prefer things stayed focused on seeking support for an issue someone is having, or actual THOUGHTFUL discussions about designs, features, improvements, etc. There needs to be far fewer threads like this one where someone is just having a temper tantrum about something nobody can do anything about.

19. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

can someone explain how a company can design a product line and know of the "Announcement" date (planned months in advance) for new color bands and not have the accessories ready for sale in their retail stores? I understand higher end products like the watch but the sports bands can't possibly take that long to manufacture. My local  stores are saying 2-3weeks for the new colors to arrive. Shows "coming soon" on web store for in store purchase.

20. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Simple, they didn't schedule the event this week based on when these bands would be available. They did it for other factors, namely iPhone availability.

21. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

22. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I'm considering buying the SS with the red band as it shows in stock at my local Apple Store...for now.

23. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Just wait until Apple releases a stainless steel and sapphire iPhone, this forum would go nuts.

24. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The band issue actually happened to me too today. Back of house telephone support in the store said he has the band I wanted I front of him, I went there and they had none- it was 15mins after the call. I was fuming. Travelled into town just for that. The stores have gone to pot!!

25. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi