Rant on iPhone 3G!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PowerFullMac, Jan 16, 2009.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

First of all, please don't spam my thread with messages saying "stop complaining" yada yada because I said clearly in the title it was a rant, if you don't want to read rants then don't click them.

Now, anyway...

I am not happy with Apple at all. I payed £350 for the iPhone 3G because I wanted my internet connection to be available everywhere (which it obviously wasn't on my iPod touch) but, even though I live in London, it has problems with signal!!! None of my other phones (and I've had a lot of crappy phones) or any of my mum's BlackBerrys have ever had problems with signal.

What makes this even worse is the WiFi problems I now have in 2.2! It dosent connect to the networks properly!

Then there is the software! It is the second most buggy phones software I have ever used (the first being the version of Symbian on my N-Gage), updates don't help, either, all they do is replace the old bugs with new ones!

I am seriously considering getting rid of my iPhone and getting a T-Mobile G1 once they are available on pay as you go (or whatever other Android phone I can get).

2. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I swear my 1st gen iPhone had way better service than my 3G...

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Good luck with that! We'll miss you.

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't agree with that at ALL. The 3G gets a way better signal than the 1st Gen. I get non-stop 5 bars everywhere!

5. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The bars mean nothing, actually try using your connection.

It's very rare that I get 3G signal in my area but I don't blame Apple for that, I blame the idiots who stop the masts being built.

6. revildab macrumors newbie

Unless you post more details on things you tried and settings you've used, I'm going to assume the problem exists between your keyboard and your chair.

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

If your rant holds true, Apple wouldn't have sold 10 million+ iPhones and gaining marketshares.

8. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Well I've restored the phone, tried with the case off and on, rebooted it a LOT of times...

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You're complaing about Apple because of the poor service you get?

And you say the OS is BUGGY?

10. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The service is fine, like I said I have no problems with signal on other phones using the same network!

And, yes, the OS is buggy.

11. revildab macrumors newbie

Ever tried calling your carrier or changing your cellular data network settings?

Constantly rebooting, and doing the same thing over and over again isn't exactly the best way to fix a problem.

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Perhaps you have a bad iPhone. My iPhone's 3G connection is fast and works fine. I don't understand what the problem is.

13. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It is if you are using Windows =).

This is obviously a spam, we shouldn't feed the troll.

14. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

And so have you tried swapping iPhones?

And can you please explain what is buggy.

15. Evev12 macrumors regular

Don't worry about it man, I think we've all done our fair share of ranting (and deservingly so). It sounds like your primary issue with the phone is the bad service (with the UI following a close second). I must say, I have my fair share of issues with the phone but coverage was never one of them, and the UI is probably the only thing that I can say I really love about the phone. Have you tried exchanging it for another, maybe something's defective. You can also try doing a hard reset, that tends to work out some of the kinks too. I don't know where you live but if "spotty" 3G is your biggest issue, I think it's more important that you concentrate on the actual carrier when shopping for a new phone. AT&T's not the worst, but they're also not the best. Before changing over to the G1 you should probably make sure T-mobile has good service in your area. I think Verizon would probably be your best choice though. Whatever you do, however tmepting it may be with the Plam Pre coming out, stay away from Sprint...I can't stress that enough!!! To say that they're business practices are questionable is an understatement.

16. Turmoil macrumors regular

You should sell it and buy a phone you like.

sigh.

17. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Weren't reading that much, eh?

18. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

He's in the UK so none of this is relevant.

19. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I bet it wouldn't.

20. davyreins macrumors 6502

You might have a lemon. Why don't you take it into a apple store, tell them the symptoms and explain that you have tried restoring/restarting. If you're not an ****** to them, they are not in a bad mood, and they feel like your iPhone has legitimate issues, they will replace it.

21. caccamolle macrumors 6502

of course, you never leave your bedroom !!!

22. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Perhaps it's defective.

Have you attempted to get warranty services?

23. caccamolle macrumors 6502

hey, I am in NY and the connection here is generally pretty bad also.

In Italy they have sold 3 iPhones in 3 months because it simply does not work.

There are many issues, that have to do with everything from the phone, to the providers, to what country you are in.

Here in the US for example, cell service is absolutely centuries behind Africa; Europe generally is far ahead however when you get to a country like Italy where corruption is the norm they just won't let the iPhone work (that is how competition works there: "somebody" pays the provider to ensure that service on the iPhone is just cr*p).

My point, I know you are wondering whether I have one, is that I knew all of the above all along, yet got the iPhone: it is a beautiful device, fun to play with and my life (work) does not depend on it. I will, occasionaly, even use it for a brief conversation (nothing longer than brief usually works so). So there, I am a happy owner of the iPhone :) even though it pretty much sux.

And like the very wise other dude here said: sell it and get something that you like !!!!

24. jlwillia macrumors regular

Hahahahaha, love it!

25. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I don't like when some people get mad or offended because someone says they don't like the iPhone because of the service or cus the OS is Buggy.

They get so mad because you say the iPhone isn't perfect in every way.

They are like the people who get mad/offended if you say America isn't perfect.

The iPhone is far from perfect... But what is better?

The OS is Buggy, and as far as the service is concerned, what do you want to do? I will say that I thought, and maybe this is my imagination, the first iphone had great service. I thought it was better than every other phone that AT&T made. I know it had better service than the 3G because I use it everyday to and from work and the new one cuts out in one spot that the first gen didn't.

I also think that the quality of Macs have gone down. My G4 tower crashed once in 5 years, ONCE. My alu iMac crashes once a week. And I know it is not user error because I do tech support for Apples for a living...

I am just saying, getting kinda tired of ichat and itunes crashing. But what am I gonna do, go to windows lol