rattling/click sound from 2016 15" MacBook Pro when tilted to the sides

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alexfic, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Alexfic, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017

Alexfic macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MacBook pro 2016 15 inch and there is nothing wrong with it except there is a rattling/click sound from the display or hinge when it is tilted to the sides .I went to apple store and a few of their own display MacBook pros also exhibited the aforementioned problem. apple store technician told me there is nothing wrong with my device and this level of sound is withing the normal range!! I am withing 14 day refund period, do you think should I go for a replacement?? has your device also made the rattling sound when tilted??
    thanks in advance for any replies
    similar to the video below but to a lower extent

2. nm1300 macrumors newbie

yes, mine has it and It is loud. the first one had it and this new replacement has it as well, so I decided to just live it for now.

3. Calby macrumors 6502

Calby

Well this is some kind of desagin flaw, the 2015 model did also have this "issue" just wait until (if) your noticing some kind of "pop" randomly during use, that's from the screen also. You can tap the screen a little after some time of use and it will make a pop sound.

But it's an other pop that sounds like it's coming from the speakers that are more "silence" and that's not the same as the pop sound above

4. cmohbd macrumors newbie

My first 2016 tbMBP had a loose screw inside, and my third replacement had the same popping/rattling sound you described. I ended up exchanging it (for other reasons other than the the noise). I did ask the Genius before I returned it if it was normal for the computer to rattle when picked up, and he said no.

I'd have yours checked out just incase there's something loose in there.

5. micqo macrumors regular

I googled and I founded a lot of discussion on this topic since 2008 to this day. It starts sound like its more feature...