Rawrr. (MacBook wait rant)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sonia1234321, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sonia1234321, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

The current gen MB is already awesomely awesome and most of the kinks are worked out. I'm looking forward to "dirt-cheap" current gen refurbs about a day after the new release. I'll never go for a Rev A again, personally. BUT I hope you don't have to wait too long, since your PC is headin' south.

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

4. Deschain macrumors member

*sigh* Why oh why can't the internet have an age limit..

There are dozens upon dozens of threads about the (lack of a) MB and MBP updates. Another thread serves ZERO purpose (except to help me waste 4 seconds of my life responding..)

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

RAWWWR, I LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS AND MOAN, RAWWWWR.....

Seiously, just buy a MacBook, there isn't even any confirmation of a new MacBook. There is nothing wrong with the current ones. My MacBook is still going strong 2 refreshes later.

6. bartelby macrumors Core

MacRumors does. But unfortunately it's 13.

7. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

Uh oh... Sorry guys! As you can see at the time posted, I was a bit tipsy then :/

Hehe :p

8. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Buy the current one or wait ...Have fun......

9. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

What's so bad about the current MacBook?

It's awesome, it does all I need to do and can even play all of my games (GH3, COD4, etc).

What's worse is that there wasn't any confirmation of new MacBooks, let alone what features they may have.

10. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

4 seconds? damn you're fast.

11. TFMTASAD macrumors regular

Why is everybody assuming that the new Macbooks and MBP will released october 14th? There isn't a lot of rumors going on right now. Some site said they would be out october 14th but that's it! Obviously they will updated at some point but right now I don't see why everybody is all excited. We basically know nothing about the next macbooks. Until things get more serious, we should all calm down, we could be in for one hell of a disappointment !

12. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

There is plenty wrong with the current ones. ::cough:: cracking ::cough::

I'm with the OP on this one. I've been waiting a while to, and my stupid iBook is falling apart. Plus I need to be able to run windows on my computer!

Don't listen to these people give you a hard time about posting a thread like this, just ignore them. And as far as Oct. 14 just being a rumor, well if you have been around Macrumors for as long as I have, you start to see that these "rumors" almost always end up being true. This is a rumor site, and they are not going to jeopardize their reputation by always posting rumors that don't come true. It's to their benefit if a rumor is true, don't you think they do their homework before posting one? You bet. :D

13. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yep

Ditto. I'd like to add an IQ limit too.

14. emac82 macrumors 6502

Well, the rumor of a new MacBook will be true at SOME point, just not necessarily Oct. 14th...First it was July, then August, then Sept. 9th, now Oct...

The new line will be out, when the new line comes out. NO ONE knows, for certain, what date that will be.

15. TFMTASAD macrumors regular

Exactly, there is no way that macrumors.com can know if a precise rumor will come true. They only post what they think is a serious rumor and they do a great job overall informing us but they can't predict the future.

The new macbooks will be out at some point in time, is it going to be october 14th? Maybe, nobody knows for sure. Until, there is more rumors getting out pointing to oct 14th, I think we should all relax.

16. The Awesome macrumors member

Don't be too mean on the OP, for some people, it means a lot that you have the newest model, 'specially when the current model is 6 months old already. With the MacBook having poor gfx capabilities, every update of the GMA is worth waiting for.

Though the OP could've just replied on one of the more popular threads.

Also waiting for the new MB/MBA/MBPs (gonna be my first Mac, so, like the OP, I want the latest and greatest). :D

17. Jpoon macrumors 6502

I'm not advocating whiner posts, but this is a rumor site lol.

People come here to drool over "what if" and things that might come with new product updates.

And people can always just lie about their age.... It's as simple as not choosing 1995 for your year of birth heh..

But yeah, good things come to people who wait. *and don't b*tch about it in the process*

18. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

This is simply pathetic. Who cares about his age?!?!? He could be 19 for all we know. Posts should be based on CONTENT, not age. This isn't MacStereotypes, although it sure has hell seems like it :mad:

19. emac82 macrumors 6502

How do you know it's a male? The username is Sonia, after all...

It's kind of a stereotype to assume ever poster is a male....There are girls post on here, I'm one of them. :)

20. notdarkyet macrumors newbie

notdarkyet

So leave the thread alone, and don't respond. ;)

21. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

so you went on macrumors?......

you animal....

22. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Personally, I hope Apple releases the next MacBook in Oct. I that case, I will wait until the end of December before I purchase and hopefully the manufacturing kinks will have been worked out by then.
    Come on MacBook Pro 13".

23. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

I never realized how much people really want updates lol. I'll wait to see what the updates are, I won't be purchasing anything new for a few years anyways.

24. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

If they're basically manufactured already, don't think kinks will get worked out by keeping them in the pipeline. I'd guess that most kinks get discovered by large numbers of people actually putting the machines thru their paces.

13", or 12", MBP would be sweet...

25. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU!

Yay girl geeks :)